Substitute Teacher, Preschool & Childcare
Do you love working with young children? Are you looking for work that fits flexibly into your schedule? Are you interested in a career in Early Care and Education, or are you moving towards retirement but not quite ready to step away fully?
Substitute teaching may be for you!
At Wonderschool, we are collaborating with the Mississippi Department of Human Services to build a substitute teaching platform, and we encourage you to apply.
- Fill in for a teacher who has taken time off for vacation, illness, or other personal matters
- Care for children for the duration of your shift, ensuring a safe and engaging early learning experience
- Help with learning activities, art projects, music, meal times, outside time and more
- Work with a team of teachers - follow the lead of other teachers in the program and the director onsite
- Communicate with families about their child’s day
- Bring your best and brightest self to work - you will be providing an important and critical service for your community and the children in your care!
- Complete a training and onboarding process with Wonderschool
You get to pick your working location, hours, and schedule by selecting available shifts within the substitute teacher platform. You can generally assume shifts of 4 to 8 hours, some time between 6am and 6pm.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have one of the following:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED; or
- A current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, a MDHS DECCD Child Care Director’s Credential, a MDHS OCY Director’s Child Care Credential; or
- Three years prior documented experience caring for children who are under 13 years of age and who are not related to you
- Must successfully pass an FBI fingerprint check and Child Abuse Registry check
- Must be patient, flexible, eager to learn, dependable, and comfortable working within a team
- Must love working with young children 0-5 years of age
The hourly rate is $15-$20/hour, depending on experience. Additional incentives available for ongoing commitment to substitute teaching.