Operations Senior Associate
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
Aspen Digital is a nonpartisan technology and information-focused organization that brings together thinkers and doers to uncover new ideas and spark policies, processes, and procedures that empower communities and strengthen democracy. This future-focused Aspen Institute program inspires collaboration among diverse voices from industry, government, and civil society to ensure our interconnected world is accessible, safe, and inclusive – both online and off. Across its initiatives, Aspen Digital develops methods for elevating promising solutions and turning thought into networked impact. To learn more, visit aspendigital.org
As a key member of the fast-growing Aspen Digital team, the Operations Senior Associate is responsible for implementing, running, and maintaining structures and processes that allow for smooth and timely processing of contracts, invoices and grants, the maintenance of filing systems and databases, and other administrative tasks. The Operations Senior Associate also supports special projects, such as large and smaller scale events, and helps manage the team’s recruiting and onboarding processes.
The Operations Senior Associate reports to the Managing Director and works with colleagues across the program, as well as with the finance and legal departments of the Aspen Institute. The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $95,000. This is a hybrid, Washington, DC-based position. Selected candidates are expected to work in person at the Washington, DC office approximately two days per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract and Finance Management
- Manage the team’s contract pipeline, including consulting contracts, honoraria, and vendor agreements, accurately gathering all necessary information from program staff, ensuring swift and seamless processing in collaboration with the Legal department of the Aspen Institute, following all its policies.
- Ensure invoices for payment are approved, processed, and paid on time.
- Support the program’s grant management, facilitating due diligence reviews, ensuring complete documentation, and liaising with the Aspen Institute’s legal and finance department as needed.
- Monitor the schedule of grant reporting deadlines and support coordination with colleagues to ensure reports are prepared, approved, and submitted on time.
- Assist executive leadership with scheduling, organizing conference calls and developing meeting agendas.
- Maintain and organize folder system and database, including contact information and engagement with program stakeholders.
- Support recruiting efforts by tracking candidates, and scheduling and supporting onboarding of new colleagues.
Event and Communications Support
- Support management of key activities and logistical details events, such as tracking and organizing member registration, travel, itineraries, arrivals and departures, and on-site logistics
- Maintain master contact list of key contacts including titles, affiliations, and biographies.
- Assist with writing and disseminating of program communications.
- Ensure information flows to diverse team members.
- Deliver services efficiently, effectively and in a courteous and timely way.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Education, and Experience:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar, non-profit environment
- Love of “doing” and excellent project management skills, with a passion for organizing, implementing, and maintaining structure and processes in a fast-paced environment
- Detail orientation
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented, highly motivated, enjoying collaborating with colleagues across teams.
All interested applicants must submit a resume / CV and cover letter.
The Aspen Institute offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and prescription benefits, retirement benefits, and paid leave.
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation regarding the accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, contact HRSupport@aspeninstitute.org or call (202) 736-5800.