Aspen Ideas: Climate Production Associate (Temporary)
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is a global nonprofit organization committed to realizing a free, just, and equitable society. Since its founding in 1949, the Institute has been driving change through dialogue, leadership, and action to help solve the most critical challenges facing communities in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Institute has a campus in Aspen, Colorado, and an international network of partners.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
To achieve our mission of a more free, just, and equitable society, we commit to working proactively to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion across our myriad endeavors such as the recruitment, compensation, training, and advancement of staff. The best people-serving institutions make this commitment, and we seek to be a leader in the ways that we do so and learn from others. Visit our website to learn more about our commitment and recent actions taken toward building and nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment.
The Public Programs team at the Aspen Institute produces a number of events each year that are open to members of the general public. This position will primarily support the Aspen Ideas: Climate event to be held in March 2023 in Miami Beach, Florida. Now in its second year, Aspen Ideas: Climate is a solutions-focused event designed for the public to interact, learn, and collaborate with engaged thinkers and doers whose ideas and actions are critical to address our collective future around the realities of a changing climate.
Timeline for role:
- Position start date: September 25, 2023
- Position end date: March 31, 2024 (Flexible)
- Hours per week: 40/week (M-F) plus occasional evening and weekend work.
*Must be available to travel to Miami Beach for Aspen Ideas: Climate, which will take place March 11-13, 2024. All travel and lodging expenses will be covered.
Fee of $41,000 for the duration of term.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Work primarily with the Aspen Ideas: Climate team, specifically with the Institute’s event producer and Conference Services team, and equivalent members from the City of Miami Beach, in all aspects of producing the event, including but not limited to:
- Support event producer in ensuring deadlines are met in a timely manner by all vendors and contractors, invoices are submitted and processed, and calls/meetings are scheduled;
- Work with contracted vendors to produce collateral, signage, and stage sets;
- Coordinate with audiovisual companies to ensure speaker presentations are submitted and venue audiovisual needs are met;
- Work with video and audio editors on the timely turnaround of recorded sessions for website and YouTube upload;
- Support the Conference Services team in coordinating transportation logistics, volunteer management, and onsite registration;
- Create digital assets such as lower thirds, digital signage, and other graphics as needed.
Assist with additional projects as requested by supervisor, for example:
- Draft run of show for the event’s daily agenda
- Support producer in drafting and updating play by play and staffing plan
- Support producer in oversight of special events within the Event as needed
- Support marketing and communications team in various aspects
- Respect and value diversity
- Initiative and responsiveness
- Team player with ability to work well independently and with others
- Strong work ethic and adaptability to jump in wherever needed
Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- Three to five years of demonstrated experience in event planning and production.
- Strong interest and ability to handle logistical information and project management skills.
- High attention to detail (proofreading and identifying key information).
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with long hours at certain times.
- Strong technology literacy and proficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Experience with Cvent, Canva, or other event management and graphic design software preferred.
- Knowledge or background in environmental issues / climate change is a plus.
· Authorized to work in the US
The Aspen Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all District and federal laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation regarding the accessibility of our website, a modification or adjustment of the job application or interview process due to a disability, contact or call (202) 736-5800.