Subgrants Operations Associate
Teach for All
To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking a Grants Operations Associate to execute on an evolving set of core activities related to launching and implementing global subgrant initiatives, while identifying opportunities for strategic process improvements across all subgrant programs.
A successful candidate for this position will bring strong project management experiences, with an ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders across multiple projects in a rapidly changing environment. Having strong attention to detail, the candidate will produce high quality resources and process improvements, which advance the ability of Teach For All network organizations and internal teams to deliver effective subgranting initiatives. This candidate will also have an advanced level of skill sets in data analysis, responding to opportunities to capture and process a high level of information from subgrant initiatives and to measure the impact of various subgrant programs.
An effective Grants Operations Associate will play a key role in delivering an evolving set of subgrants initiatives, by strengthening processes, quality of resources and utilising data to understand the impact of subgrants at Teach For All.
Key outcomes for this position include:
- Project managing and coordinating effectively across various Teach For All teams and internal stakeholders to effectively deliver high quality subgrant initiatives
- Developing strong processes that are stakeholder-centered and set up Teach For All’s subgrants function to absorb greater scale and impact
- Being a key point of contact for internal teams at Teach For All to access key information, resources, and support related to subgrant initiatives
- Setting up Teach For All’s subgrants team to absorb critical data, analyse it, and ultimately assess our impact, while supporting other teams to make informed decisions
- Leveraging strong oral and written communication skills to produce key resources, such as requests for proposals, email templates, financial trackers, etc. to enable the efficient, consistent, and clear delivery of subgrant initiatives
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Catalyst Fund Initiatives:
- Work closely with the Subgrants Initiatives Lead to implement systems and processes to successfully deliver Catalyst Fund Initiatives
- Collaborate with Grant Managers, Programmatic Leads, Fundraisers, and Finance Staff to develop fund materials and resources, including Requests For Proposals, reporting templates and other key communications and assets
- Communicate with key stakeholders including Teach For All’s programmatic, finance, and fundraising teams to ensure information flows are able to meet regulatory, compliance and donor expectations
- Collect, analyze and respond to critical feedback and data from stakeholders to strengthen the quality and efficiency of Catalyst Fund Initiatives
Donor-Driven Subgrant Partnerships:
- Work closely with the Head of the Subgrants team to implement systems and processes to successfully deliver donor-driven subgrant partnerships
- Collaborate with Grant Managers, Programmatic Leads, Fundraisers, and Finance Staff to develop materials and resources, including proposal and reporting templates, as well as other key communications and assets
- Communicate with key stakeholders including Teach For All’s programmatic, finance, and fundraising teams to ensure information flows are able to meet regulatory, compliance, and donor expectations
- Collect, analyze and respond to critical feedback and data from stakeholders to strengthen the quality and efficiency of donor-driven subgrant partnerships
Overall Impact & Learning for Global Subgrants Team:
- Work closely with the Head of the Subgrants team to design and implement systems and processes to enable the virtual and global subgrants team to collaborate and connect effectively
- Collect, analyze and respond to critical feedback and data from stakeholders to strengthen the quality and efficiency of subgrant partnerships overall
- Manage and coordinate key subgrants data and requests across several teams including Global Development, Finance and Subgrants to assist with overall subgrant program reporting, analysis and decision making
- Manage a shared inbox, the most critical communications platform between our team and key stakeholders like Teach For All network partner organizations and external Committee members
Education & Experience
- Two or more years of professional experience; ideally in a grants management role, or equivalent experience in nonprofit finance, administration or project management
- Experience in providing operational support to a large and diverse set of stakeholders across multiple projects
- Strong project management skills with a close attention to detail and a self-starter who can prioritize multiple streams of work
- Ability to build a diverse range of relationships with a growing global community, while working virtually
- Ability to diagnose and analyze systems and processes with an eye to deliver greater efficiencies and experiences for stakeholders
- Ability to operate and thrive in an ambiguous, entrepreneurial, collaborative and fast-moving environment
- Experience with Google Suite and Excel required, Salesforce and Pardot preferred
- Professional fluency in English required
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desirable)
- Experience working in a grantmaking environment
- Knowledge of the philanthropic sector and interest in trust-based philanthropy models
- Familiarity with Teach For All’s network
- Experience working or living in Africa or Asia Pacific regions
- Other desired languages: Spanish, Arabic, French
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess local permanent work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel is possible when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Posting Date: 11/20/2023
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please submit your resume or curriculum vitae and a one-page letter of motivation in English directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.