Global Education Technology Lead
Teach for All
To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are launching an Education Technology Initiative to:
- Expand network teachers’ and students’ access to connectivity, hardware, software and other ed tech tools and equip teachers to effectively integrate the technology in their classrooms
- Facilitate and curate global learning about how best to build students’ digital skills and leverage technology to accelerate student learning
- Build connections between network teachers and alumni leaders in marginalized and diverse communities to the technology and ed tech industries to both accelerate the leadership of our teachers and alumni and to help shape an industry that increases educational equity
Teach For All is seeking a Global Education Technology Lead who will support network partners to strengthen their approach to developing teachers and leaders who maximize technology as a teaching and learning tool and build the strategic ed tech partnerships to support network access, learning, and contribution in this space.
Please note that this role is funding contingent.
About the Team
This role will sit on the Global Partnerships & Resources Team which currently houses our global the Educational Leadership, Education in Emergencies, Climate Change, Girls Education, Inclusive Education and Future of Work Initiatives, and supports the organization with programmatic partnerships and subgrants that support our broader work within these Initiatives and beyond.
As the Education Technology Lead at Teach For All, responsibilities will include the following and/or similar activities:
- Determining and executing on the strategy for supporting network partners to strengthen their approach to developing leaders who maximize technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Continuously evaluating the needs of the network and our impact in order to enhance ed tech learning and growth across the network.
Building Strategic Relationships and Partnerships
- Building connections between the tech industry and network teachers and alumni in marginalized and diverse communities to accelerate the leadership of network alumni in the industry. This will include working to:
- Forge summer internship opportunities in the ed tech sector for diverse, tech-savvy network teachers working in some of the world’s most under-resourced communities.
- Seek opportunities that would support network partners to recruit more teachers with backgrounds in engineering and computer science
- Leverage the expertise of alumni leaders of successful ed tech ventures - as advisors, mentors, and connectors.
- Supporting network partners to forge local partnerships aimed at increasing access to connectivity in underserved areas
- Pursuing global partnerships to help partners access what they need to ensure sustainable and affordable solutions to connect schools to the internet
- Alongside our network partners, developing partnerships—both locally and globally—that equip schools with tablets, projectors, and other essential devices, software, and tools
- Building an advisory committee to guide and support Teach For All’s work in ed tech.
Facilitating Strong Network Learning
- Fostering learning communities among staff members, teachers, and alumni to test ideas, surface insights, and learn from each other.
- Building a set of resources—made available to educators within and beyond our network—to develop students’ digital skills, along with tools and guides for leveraging technology to advance their practices.
- Designing and delivering shared learning experiences that support strong teacher development in ed tech.
- Growing and developing the existing community of ed tech founders
- Serving as an internal and external point person for all things Ed Tech (e.g. identifying panelists for speaking engagements, supporting Public Affairs in various projects).
- Finding outlets to elevate the voices of our alumni and network partners related to Ed Tech
- Supporting Teach For All’s effort to generate resources for Ed Tech and creating materials to illustrate impact.
- Building an Advisory Committee to support and guide the Initiative (including external and internal expertise and stakeholders)
- Leading day-to-day execution of initiative, including: content creation (newsletters, core documents), facilitating community calls, planning & executing learning experiences
- Managing execution and KPI delivery on donor opportunities, alongside network partners
- Capturing impact data and stories of progress
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Significant experience in the Ed Tech sector with strong networks helpful in the development of global partnerships
- A deep understanding of global educational inequity, and passion about technology as an integral part of the solution to these challenges
- Understanding of challenges facing partners and contexts where more basic technology needs (power, connectivity, bandwidth) need to be addressed
- Extensive experience creating transformation while serving as a leader within the ed tech or education sectors
- Exceptional communications that can clearly communicate to an international audience as well as effectively convey stories that can compel others to act
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures and understand their goals and motivations in order to support collaboration
- Experience building mutually beneficial partnerships that enable impact
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and entrepreneurial organization as part of a collaborative and committed team
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues globally, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e., conference calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools) and regular calls during non-traditional working hours
- Exceptional strategic thinking and reasoning skills — an orientation toward creativity and innovation, while also valuing cultural responsiveness and institutional knowledge
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to be generative and independently drive towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Ability to work independently and proactively manage multiple projects and responsibilities across both internal and external teams of colleagues'
- Must have sensitivity toward racial, cultural, and ideological diversity
- Ability to work in English required, fluency in a second language is preferred, but not required
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values and a commitment to Teach For All’s mission:
- Reflects a sense of possibility in mindset and vision
- Believes in the value of being locally rooted and globally informed
- Drives toward constant learning and improvement
- Convinced of the necessity of diversity and inclusiveness in our work
- Believes in the interdependence between us and our partners in solving this global problem
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact onto the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote;, in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire and prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess permanent local work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
All work is delivered virtually. Minimal travel possible when safe to do so and in accordance with local guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
If this opportunity sounds like the next best step in your career, please submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and a one-page letter of motivation (in English) directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity. We look forward to learning about you and your passion for ensuring educational opportunity for all!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
About Teach For All
Teach For All supports and connects a global network of independent organizations working around the world to ensure that every child has access to an equitable and excellent education. Each organization in the network, conceived and launched by a local entrepreneur, enlists its nation’s most promising leaders to teach in high-need areas for two years, and, in the long-term, drive systemic changes from within and outside of the education sector.
Teach For All is catalyzing an international movement to expand educational opportunity. At the center of this network, Teach For All plays a unique role: it helps local organizations overcome common challenges by providing direct support services and serving as a hub for the exchange of best practices. In addition to delivering support to local organizations, Teach For All maximizes local impact on educational need by directly connecting the teaching participants and alumni of its international network programs through conferences and online forums.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.