Global Lead, Learning Experiences
Teach for All
To help further advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking a Global Lead for the Learning Experiences Team. As the Global Lead, you will set vision and direction to equip and enable staff members, teachers, and alumni across the Teach For All network to connect and learn together in pursuit of transforming systems for children everywhere. You will manage a diverse global remote team of around 18 specialists with expertise in adult learning, blended and in-person learning, storytelling, capturing and spreading knowledge and insights, accessibility in learning and much more. These specialists partner with content experts to deliver best-in-class learning experiences for our network and for external audiences.
You will work closely with leaders across our organization including our five regional teams in Africa, Middle East North Africa, Asia Pacific , Europe and the Americas to ensure the Learning Experiences team is meeting the needs of our network constituents and creating tangible impact across our network.
As the Global Lead, you will be responsible for consulting with your team and leaders from across the organization to determine the appropriate outcomes for the Learning Experiences team to measure progress and continually improve. In general, you will be responsible for ensuring that Teach For All’s learning experiences are effective in meeting their goals, inclusive, and aligned to our core values. Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development of the specialists on the Learning Experiences team in alignment with our growth and development philosophy.
As the Global Lead for the Learning Experiences team at Teach For All, you will engage in the following and/or similar activities:
Lead our efforts to produce high quality learning experiences by:
- Setting vision and direction for the design and execution of our learning experiences by working across the organization to ensure strategic alignment across stakeholder groups
- Identifying gaps in our current learning experience design and delivery, and outlining strategies for improvement
- Working with all teams such as Knowledge and Coaching and Consulting, Global Initiatives and Partnerships , Connectivity, Global Leadership Accelerator, Public Affairs, Global Multilateral Team and regional teams, as well as our network partners to ensure our learning experiences meet learner needs.
- Working with various teams to drive attendance, inclusion, and engagement in virtual and in person learning experiences.
- Ensuring the team has the skills and capacity to ensure Teach For All’s learning experiences are continually pushing the realm of what is possible to enable inclusive and effective learning across our network
- Ensuring the team is capturing and spreading insights around designing and delivering effective learning experiences
Enable the leadership of the Learning Experiences team by:
- Developing and fostering a strong team culture in alignment with Teach For All’s core values
- Managing individual members of the team in their growth and development in collaboration with their coaches, sponsors and peers
- Continuing to evolve and build an inclusive, diverse team that represents the global nature of our network
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience designing and leading learning experiences of various formats (virtual, in person, asynchronous, etc).
- Minimum 4 years of management and team leadership experience
- Proven experience working with global organizations
- Experience managing teams who design and execute high-stakes external events
- Deep understanding of Teach For All’s mission and programmatic approach
- Prior experience as a staff or alumni member of a Teach For All network partner is particularly helpful
- Experience of working within networks or other complex systems is preferred.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and reasoning skills — an orientation toward creativity and innovation, valuing cultural responsiveness and institutional knowledge
- Ability to be generative and to manage teams to drive towards outcomes, demonstrating flexibility and shifting priorities as needed based on how the work evolves
- Ability to thrive in a high-energy and entrepreneurial organization as the leader of a collaborative and committed team
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues globally, including a high volume of virtual engagement (i.e., conference calls, social media, virtual collaboration tools) and regular calls during non-traditional working hours
- Awareness, knowledge, and desire to remain informed about evolving insights & best practices with respect to learning design
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders from a range of cultures and understand their goals and motivations in order to drive effective operations
- Must have experience working in ways that promote inclusivity for racial, cultural, and ideological diversity
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal enriching experiences that will allow ample opportunities to make a positive impact to the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote, in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaboration
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess local permanent work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Travel is possible when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
If this opportunity sounds like the next best step in your career, please submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and a one-page letter of motivation in English directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity. We look forward to learning about you and your passion for ensuring educational opportunity for all!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.