Chief of Staff, Government & Multilateral Affairs
Teach for All
Teach For All’s Government & Multilateral Affairs (GML) team is seeking a Chief of Staff. The GML team’s mandate is to inspire a global community of champions in the donor community and across the education ecosystem to commit greater support and investments towards local leadership development and the role of networks, ultimately positioning our network as an influential voice in the global, regional and national education agendas. As the Chief of Staff, you report directly to the Chief Government Officer and will partner with all members of the GML team and staff across all teams at the global organization to support the impact of GML. You will enable an energizing culture and efficient team operations processes, while working on varied projects and priorities.
As the ideal candidate, you're a proactive, detail oriented and organized team player with experience in project and operations management which includes but not limited to managing special events, building systems and processes,drafting communications and contributing towards building a strong team culture. You demonstrate exceptional organization, communication, problem-solving, and networking and external engagement skills.While you can work independently and manage multiple priorities, you also thrive in working collaboratively with globally diverse teams in different time zones.
As the Chief of Staff, Government & Multilateral Affairs, you will perform the following and/or similar activities:
Team Operations Management:
- Design and implement internal working processes.
- Maintain and update systems for tracking different work streams, pipelines, donors’ information and data management on Salesforce and other systems in place.
- Manage and monitor the budget for GML every fiscal year, make projections, justify expenditures, etc.
- Maintain a schedule and system for inter and cross team update communications and ensure the organization is well informed on the GML team’s work and vice versa.
- Provide key logistical support to the Chief Government Officer on her responsibilities on specific initiatives such as panels, conferences and speaking opportunities
- Project planning and organization support of events involving GML donors, including multilateral engagements during the Teach For All Global Conference.
- As needed, contribute to projects led by other members of the GML team. Examples may include: organization intended outcomes dashboards, research on funding opportunities and on multilateral organizations key information, provide support to update and revisit core documents, formatting documents, manage joint projects with other teams, etc.
Internal and External communications
- Develop a variety of internal and external documents and key communications, draft emails, letters, meeting briefs, reports, logistical and travel memos, etc.
- Draft and disseminate information related to the GML portfolio in different internal and external channels such as Slack, newsletters, etc.
- Participate in internal and external calls, draft next steps from calls, circulate synthesized meeting notes, recommending critical next steps and ensuring compliance with deadlines
Support Culture & Coherence
- In collaboration with the team lead, develop team culture by fostering an engaged, collaborative, inclusive, and supportive culture for all team members.
- Manage team meetings and actions related to fostering DEI (planning, developing content in collaboration with the team lead and others, running meetings, etc..).
- Manage a temporary executive assistant responsible for scheduling, administrative support, expense management and general administrative responsibilities
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- At least five years of progressively responsible and relevant professional experience
- Passion and strong belief in Teach For All’s mission and approach
- Prior experience as a staff or alumni member of Teach For All's network partners is particularly helpful
- Demonstrated experience or interest in providing strategic support including the ability to think critically, anticipate challenges, operate flexibly, and develop innovative solutions.
- Proven ability to handle and effectively prioritize a high volume of work, and adapt to new information and changing priorities
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects through to completion simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to build relationships among diverse stakeholders and communicate effectively
- Outstanding ability to develop strong relationships with diverse individuals, and to influence and motivate others in a highly virtual & global setting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple competing priorities and adapting to changing circumstances.
- Resilience and the ability to handle ambiguity and navigate through complex challenges.
- Generosity of spirit and a flexible, dependable nature
- Excellent writing and communication skills. English fluency required. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Ability to work in diverse global environments with cross-cultural competence; commitment to equity and building inclusive practices and culture
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire and prior work experience, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess permanent local work authorization/permit in order to be considered.
Travel and Hours
Some international travel expected to meet and build positive relationships with global partners. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
If this opportunity sounds like the next best step in your career, please submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and a one-page letter of motivation (in English) directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity. We look forward to learning about you and your passion for ensuring educational opportunity for all!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.