Project Manager (Salesforce)
Teach for All
Job Posting Date: April 17, 2023
Project Manager, Network Architecture
To advance Teach For All’s 25-year vision and intended outcomes, we are seeking a Project Manager to strategize and coordinate system improvements to maximize the full functionality of our customer relationship management (CRM) platform (Salesforce) to further enhance our knowledge management, strategy, communications, operations and subgranting information and processes.
Reports to: Director, Knowledge Management
Team: Network Architecture
About the Team
The Project Manager will join a growing global Network Architecture team that works towards the following:
- Democratizing access to information by creating an internal knowledge management infrastructure that enables Teach For All program staff to efficiently navigate, access and share knowledge and resources within the organization.
- Ensuring that the voice of our network partners is represented in the team’s work by offering visibility and access to a global data system so that Teach For All teams feel supported to drive evidence based decision making.
- Designing and owning the strategy for a centralized communications system that is streamlined, purposeful and clear and set up in a way that will help the global organization and network partners know what is going on in the network.
- Ensuring that Teach For All’s subgranting programs are equitably accelerating the desired impact and priorities of network partners by providing financial resources and support in ways that build financial sustainability and strengthen the relationship between the global organization and network partners.
- Ensuring that new network partners have a positive and cohesive experience through early stage, new partnership, and/or transition processes that sets them up to connect, learn and engage in the network.
As the Project Manager on Teach For All’s Network Architecture team, you will engage in the following and/or similar activities:
- Looking across the Network Architecture team’s core processes, materials and resources and partnering with subteams to identify opportunities for consistency, codification, standardization and process improvements
- Set up and manage information systems (including codifying policies, defining impact data, collaboration structures with other teams), ensuring information is accurate, up to date, and readily available for the team to consult
- Work with the Technology team and key stakeholders to maximize the utility and effectiveness of Teach for All’s Salesforce platform management for the purpose of subgranting and programmatic data management
- Serve as a project manager to ensure all system changes and improvements are documented and communicated to users. This includes partnering closely with Technology, Subgrants and Program teams to identify needs, determine system adaptations, make recommendations and develop a project plan/timeline for execution
- Engage with Finance and Technology teams to complete mass data upload in order to support partner migration into the system
- Work with the Technology team to ensure information from the global organization and global network is properly secured using the existing systems and platforms
- Ensure systems, processes and materials are accessible to the entire network, gathering and applying feedback (formal and informal), and coordinating translation/interpretation as needed
- Work with the subgrants management team to create and share templates across subgrants (e.g. applications, reports, Requests For Proposals, evaluation criteria, etc.)
- Develop and maintain trainings and support materials for Teach For All staff and network partners to onboard partners, field questions and resolve technical issues
- Manage a cross-team shared inbox as the interim system during the transition to the Grants Portal
- Oversee data quality and contribute to data updates as needed
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a project management, operations or systems analyst role (or related role managing technological platforms); within nonprofit organizational settings is helpful
- Proficiency working with CRM systems, specifically Salesforce is strongly desired
- Experience in or understanding of grants management system(s) as derived from working with a diverse array of organizations of different sizes, structures and managerial philosophies is strongly desired
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills with experience navigating ambiguity; self-starter who can manage and prioritize across multiple streams of work
- Proactivity and organization skills, along with flexibility and agility to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, collaborative and results-oriented environment
- Proven results in managing workflows, as well as in collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders in execution of those workflows
- Ability to foster and manage a diverse range of relationships within a growing global community, with ability to influence and mobilize others while working virtually and remotely
- Fluency in English
Additional desirable skills/experiences (not required):
- Familiarity with Teach For All’s network
- Additional languages desired: Spanish, Arabic, French
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
If this opportunity sounds like the next best step in your career, please submit your resume or curriculum vitae (CV) and a one-page letter of motivation (in English) directly online. Your letter should summarize motivations for your application and how your skills and experience align with the terms of this opportunity. We look forward to learning about you and your passion for ensuring educational opportunity for all!
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
Please note, this position is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. All candidates must possess permanent local work authorization/permit in order to be considered. This position is open to candidates based in one of the locations listed above.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire and prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Travel and Hours
All work is delivered virtually. Up to 5% of travel may be required. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of 60 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization committed to developing collective leadership to ensure all children fulfill their potential. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.