Primary School PE Coach (FP) - SPARK Rosslyn Hub - 2024
About SPARK Schools:
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools, 5 high schools and serving over 15,000 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools PE coaches drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of physical education.
SPARK Schools PE coaches work directly with students in the school’s outdoor sports spaces to increase and maintain their health and wellness.
PE coaches are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
● Create a positive student culture around physical education and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
● Use SPARK culture and behaviour management practices. Implement SPARK SEL(Social Emotional Learning) Curriculum.
● Supervise scholars during morning arrivals.
● Set up for SPARKs Fly.
● Actively coach students in the development of gross motor skills, team habits, and
specific sports skills.
● Teach students about healthy eating, exercise, and hygiene habits, including positive
choices they should make at home and at school.
● Create lesson plans aligned to network-wide PE curriculum and personalised for
● Plan strategies to stretch content and scholar outcomes during the course of the
● Take responsibility for PE equipment and report any damage..
● Communicate professionally with school staff and parents regarding students.
● Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all