Primary School Maths Teacher Grd 7 - SPARK Silver Lakes 2024
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools, 5 high school and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools maths teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students. SPARK Schools maths teachers are content specialists, who receive ongoing professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs.
Maths teachers are integral to the SPARK School’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars. SPARK Schools teaches the PR1ME Maths curriculum which is a world class program based on effective teaching and learning practices of Singapore, Republic of Korea and Hong Kong.
- Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create individualised behaviour and learning plans for all students.
- Administer weekly and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
- SPARK Educators should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings.
- Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles and implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
- Use SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team.
- Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
- Submit student results data when required.