Business Analyst/ Project Manager (FTC 12 Months) - SPARK Schools Support - 2024
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools, 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of the Role:
This is a dual role for project management and business analysis for the Digital Transformation Program and other Systems and Information Technology related initiatives.
This role analyses, advises and assists business on business requirements and works with the design & implementation team (Software Developers) to design & implement solutions within constraints. The incumbent should demonstrate the capability of being a frugal innovator.
The candidate will work with the team to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining and clearly documenting the requirements of a project or a program, communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners and successfully leading projects and change management initiatives.
Reports to: Head of Systems and Information Technology
Systems Solutions and Business Process Design and Optimisation
- Define, analyse and document business requirements that will enable development of technical solutions
- Liaise with stakeholders to understand the structure, policies and operations of the business and recommend optimisation solutions
- Engage with business stakeholders at all levels as defined by the business project, to model processes, document business rules and initial uses cases
- Serve as the key custodian for business processes across the SPARK network by providing direction and guidance
- Manage the process of change requests, process improvement, make recommendations to business networks on ideas to improve and streamline processes and systems
- Facilitate design sessions and/or workshops with the system/s end users to define and document the business solutions
- Partner with the Technology team to translate business requirements into Technical specifications
- Drive planned and current initiatives using the Agile methodology
- Provide improvement for “Our Way Of Work” by suggesting efficient methods that will aid with the service offering rendered by Data & Technology team
- Assist with documenting system integration specifications and actively drive end-to-end user acceptance testing
- Generate and maintain our centralised documentation repository
- Work closely with the implementation team to facilitate change management and implementation strategy
- Provide support during and post-implementation
Software Testing Life Cycle:
- Requirement Analysis: Requirement Analysis on the features that need to be tested. Identify missing aspects of the testing and ensure proper quality assurance with the relevant stakeholders is conducted.
- Review the software requirements document (SRD) and other related documents
- Interview stakeholders to gather additional information
- Identify any ambiguities or inconsistencies in the requirements
- Identify any missing or incomplete requirements
- Identify any potential risks or issues that may impact the testing process
- Create a requirement traceability matrix (RTM) to map requirements to test cases
Testing Plan: Calculate the estimated effort required and the cost for testing
- Identify the testing objectives and scope
- Develop a test strategy that encompass all critical testing aspects
- Identify the testing environment and resources required
- Create the test cases that will be executed and prepare the test data that will be used
- Identify the test deliverables and milestones
- Assign roles and responsibilities to the test team
- Outline the test and success criteria
- Document and communicate the test plan and solicit approval from relevant stakeholders
- Log any defects or issues that are found during test execution in a defect tracking system
- Collect and analyse the test results to determine testing success
- Ensure any defects that are identified during test execution are retested and fixed correctly
- Ensure test results are documented and reported to the relevant stakeholders.
- Ascertain all testing-related activities are completed and documented. The main objective of the test closure stage is to ensure that all testing-related activities have been completed and that the software is ready for release
- Create a report that summarizes the overall testing process, including the number of test cases executed, the number of defects found, and the overall pass/fail rate.
Plan and develop the project idea:
- The Project Manager will work with internal stakeholders and external clients to define the concept and create a process to bring it to fruition. This includes setting and managing stakeholders’ expectations, developing a detailed project plan, defining the scope of the project, understanding project risks and assigning team members to specific tasks
Lead the Project Team:
- The Project Manager is accountable for every aspect of the project, including leading a team capable of meeting or exceeding client expectations for their vision. He/she will assemble and manage these individuals to make a fine-tuned project machine. If the team needs guidance, training or coaching, it will be the project manager’s responsibility to set them up for success
Monitor Project Progress and Set Deadlines
- Create an accurate timeline of project completion to ensuring tasks are finished within the confines of the assignment, the project manager must remain aware of how the project is progressing
- Anticipate any potential hiccups before they happen and devise solutions to keep the project in control
- Budget management is the primary of Project Management and the candidate needs to ensure that all projects are successfully completed without excessive spending and master the art of cost efficiency
- Create a good working relationship with key stakeholders and keep open lines of communication for updates and feedback
- Keep abreast of any major changes that arise with timelines and budget, and keep key stakeholders updated
Project Performance Evaluation
- Evaluate projects’ efficiency and effectiveness using accurate data through the process
- Identify shortcomings and put together a remedial plan