Primary School English Teacher (FP)- SPARK Rosslyn Hub
About SPARK Schools:
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools, 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools Foundation Phase English teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students.
SPARK Schools Foundation Phase English teachers are Foundation Phase specialists, who receive on-going professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs.
The Foundation Phase English Teachers are integral to the SPARK Schools’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
● Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students
● Provide instruction in a variety of subjects and reach students with engaging lesson plans and resources.
● Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create
individualised behaviour and learning plans for all students in class face to face or online.
● Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles and implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
● Use SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
● Administer weekly and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
● SPARK Educators should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required
● Submit student results data when required.
● Attend pre-service professional development before the school year begins and attend weekly professional development and
any other training interventions.
● Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
● Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
● Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
● Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team.
● Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
● Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.