Blended Learning Facilitator (Foundation Phase) - SPARK Kempton Park 2024
About SPARK Schools:
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools and 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools blended learning facilitators in the foundation phase drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of the Learning Lab, SPARK’s innovative computer lab. SPARK Schools blended learning facilitators work directly with students in whole class, small group, and individual settings to provide academic interventions in literacy and maths.
Blended learning facilitators are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Create a positive student culture around online learning and small group tutoring and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
- Actively “coach” students on all computer programs and ensure that the educational software used in the lab effectively meets the needs of students.
- Create and submit lesson plans for tutoring sessions.
- Tutor small groups of students on literacy and maths skills.
- Create and submit bi-weekly reports on ST Maths.
- Communicate and collaborate with teachers and school administrators to create individualized learning plans for students.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management strategies.
- Incorporate SPARK SEL (SocialEmotional Learning) curriculum with scholars.
- Ensure all Learning Lab resources are used and stored responsibly and .
- Report all damages to hardware to the School Operations Manager and fill out relevant incident reports if needed.
- Have an updated asset list of all hardware in Learning lab received by the School Operations Manager.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Set into a classroom to cover, should there be an operational need.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.