High School Operations Officer - SPARK Randburg High School - 2024
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools and 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Randburg High School Operations Officer liaises with parents, welcomes visitors, and ensures the accurate administration of enrolment and student information records. Working closely with the School Principal, the School Operations Officer plays an integral part in the SPARK Schools “culture” and commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars by ensuring that their school operates smoothly, efficiently, and to a consistent standard of excellence.
Reports To: High School Principal, York Campus
- Maintain accurate student information records on the student information system, including daily student attendance.
- Assist the school principal in implementing school wide systems and procedures (for example, arrivals and dismissals) to facilitate student achievement and align with SPARK Schools network-wide best practices.
- Provide school tours to prospective parents and serve as a liaison during the enrolment process, including collecting personal documentation for enrolment files.
- Perform clerical duties, including answering phones, taking and distributing messages, and corresponding with parents and staff members via email.
- Responsible for assisting with the completion of the study hall billing spreadsheet, overseen by the School Principal
- House points, tracking, and reporting
- Responsible for staff attendance, tracking, cover, and reporting.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of new school-based staff.
- Attend to sick or injured children and liaise with parents/guardians about their children.
- Attend to sick or injured staff and liaise with emergency contacts.
- Facilitate professional development for operational staff on the implementation of schoolwide systems as well as personal and professional competencies. This includes designing and facilitating biweekly group sessions and individual one-on-one coaching sessions, as well as arranging for individual professional growth opportunities.
- Oversee the maintenance of the school facility, including coordinating efforts amongst facilities and maintenance staff, SPARK Schools Support staff, outside vendors and suppliers, and security services.
- Maintain a daily schedule of facility and grounds walk-arounds and observations, including lunch breaks, and study hall observations.
- Assist in managing day-to-day facilities and maintenance issues, including facilitating visits by maintenance suppliers.
- Procure and receive deliveries of supplies, resources, furniture and equipment.
- Manage all school inventory, including fixed assets (technology and furniture), stationery, cleaning supplies, and other resources.
- Conduct weekly asset checks of all Chromebooks for scholars and staff radios.
- Manage roaming Chromebook sets and maintain a register, schedule, and daily monitoring of roaming Chromebooks.
- Conduct a monthly stock take and update asset counts.
- Attend coaching 1:1s with the school principal and regular team meetings with the principal and assistant principal(s).
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff as required. Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- Grade 12 certificate
- 3-4 year degree
- 1-2 years experience in office management
- Previous experience managing or working with high school-aged children
- English language fluency
- Clear criminal record
- First aid certificate
SPARK core values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience/Market related
Position type: Full Time
- SPARK Randburg High School - York Campus
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.