High School Assistant Principal Academics - SPARK Blue Downs High - 2024
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 21 primary schools and 5 high schools and serving over 15,500 families in 2024. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of Role:
The Assistant Principal drives high scholar achievement, a positive scholar and staff culture, operational efficiency and an engaged school community by providing excellent management, coaching and leadership to school staff. The Assistant Principal is integral to the SPARK Schools culture and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
Reports To: Principal
- Leadership and Management:
- Exhibit leadership and responsibility for school progress and outcomes on success indicators.
- Coaching & Professional Development
- Support school staff through relationship building, and regular observation and feedback to ensure that they can successfully meet their performance objectives and goals.
- Academic Achievement
- Drive scholar achievement by ensuring implementation of the network’s rigorous curriculum, and setting and maintaining clear and high expectations for excellent teaching and assessing in allocated content areas.
- Scholar Support
- Drive academic excellence through support with subject selection, progress tracking toward matriculation and the development and exhibition of exceptional scholar XC Projects.
- School Culture
- Consistently implement behaviour management policies and procedures that drive a strong student culture. Develop interventions and individualised behavior plans when necessary.
- School Operations
- Work with the principal to coordinate with other SPARK business units and external vendors to ensure timely service delivery that supports smooth, efficient day to day operations of the schools.
- Community Engagement
- Create and implement opportunities for positive family engagement through multiple channels, including but not limited to Community Meetings, scholar performances and volunteer opportunities.
- Research, develop and implement innovative interventions to school based issues that drive improved outcomes on school success indicators. Share best practices and good news stories with other schools and business units in the network.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the school leadership team
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Qualifications and Criteria: The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- English language fluency
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree (SP & FET)
- Familiarity with high school Matric requirements including Senior and FET phase CAPs curricula
- SACE registration
- A clear/clean criminal record
- Completed at least 3-4 years of excellent classroom instruction in intermediate, senior or FET phase
- Held a leadership role in primary school or high school
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: R30,000.00 ctc p/m
Location: Blue Downs, Western Cape
- SPARK Blue Downs High
Position Type: Full Time
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.