School Security Guard - SPARK Schools - JHB East/East Rand Region - 2023
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 19 primary schools and 1 high school and serving over 14,000 families in 2022. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: School Operations Manager
Purpose of Role:
Security guards ensure that the school grounds and facilities are kept safe and secure during operational hours.
Security guards are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to providing a world class learning environment for our scholars.
- Close the school grounds daily manually (lock and key) and rearm the alarm.
- Ensure the safety and security of all students, staff, and visitors on campus by patrolling the grounds and monitoring the gate.
- Assist all visitors who arrive to the school by welcoming them, receiving their personal details, providing a guest pass, and directing them to the relevant staff members.
- Assist visitors as they leave the school by helping them to return their guest pass and sign out.
- Assist with dismissal procedures daily to ensure the safety of students.
- Adhere to the safety and security procedures of SPARK.
- Report safety and security issues to school leadership, including the arrival of suspicious persons, the delivery of suspicious packages, the loitering of people in close proximity to school grounds, or any suspicious behaviour by members of staff or visitors.
- Assist with ad hoc operational tasks, such as moving furniture, working with maintenance and gardening suppliers, collaborating with facilities maintenance staff, or setting up for events.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff as required.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency
- Police clearance certificate
- Grade 12 certificate
- Grade level B or C security certificate
- PSiRA registration
- Previous security guarding experience.
Skills and Mindset
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualized professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: R4,750.00 ctc p/m
Position Type: Full Time
Location: SPARK Rynfield
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.