Facilities Maintenance Staff Temp - SPARK Schools-Johannesburg North Region 2023
About SPARK Schools
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 20 primary schools and 4 high schools and serving over 15,000 families in 2023. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: School Operations Manager
SPARK Schools inside facilities maintenance staff ensure that the school building is well maintained and clean. Inside facilities maintenance staff are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to providing a world-class learning environment for our scholars.
- Maintain the upkeep of the school building, gardens, and grounds.
- Report facilities maintenance issues to school leadership and assist with repairs where applicable.
- Ensure that the school premises are safe for students, staff and parents.
- Assist with welcoming students during daily arrivals and dismissals, as required by school leadership.
- Manage tools and equipment, reporting any damaged or lost items to school leadership for fixing or replacement.
- Assist with ad-hoc operational tasks, such as moving furniture, working with maintenance and gardening suppliers, or setting up for events.
- Communicate and collaborate professionally with school staff, parents, and other stakeholders as required.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Preferred Qualifications
- English language fluency
- Previous maintenance and/or grounds keeping experience
- Clear/Clean Criminal Record
- Grade 12 certificate
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Remuneration: R4,725.00 CTC p/m
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: Johannesburg North Region
- SPARK Riversands
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.