Temporary Primary School Scholar Supervisor - South Region -
About SPARK Schools
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provide transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven, entrepreneurial organisation, operating 19 primary schools and 1 high school and serving over 14,000 families in 2022. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: School Operations Manager
SPARK Schools supervisors drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of lunch, break, and aftercare. SPARK Schools supervisors care for classes of students during lunch, break, and aftercare to ensure student achievement, health, and safety.
Supervisors are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Supervise lunch and break during the instructional day.
- Ensure SPARK’s healthy food scheme is enforced with scholars by checking lunches.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management strategies.
- Supervise a class of students during aftercare, including homework completion if needed, play, and structured activities.
- Plan engaging enrichment experiences for students for the lengthened aftercare on Monday afternoons.
- Ensure all aftercare resources are used responsibly and effectively.
- Communicate professionally with parents and line managers about incidents, conflicts, or concerns that occur during aftercare.
- Communicate and collaborate with school leaders and staff as required.Ensure safety of all scholars during aftercare, including following network-wide procedures to scholar dismissal and late pick-up.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks, such as facilitating in the Learning Lab, covering for absent staff or setting up for events.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Preferred Qualifications
- English language fluency.
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children
- Police clearance certificate
- Grade 12 certificate
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Compensation: R6,300.00 per month
Position Type: Temp position
Location: South Region
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.