Primary School Maths Teacher (IP) - Temp - SPARK Schools JHB South
About SPARK Schools:
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
Our blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
SPARK Schools maths teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students. SPARK Schools maths teachers are content specialists, who receive ongoing professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs.
Maths teachers are integral to the SPARK School’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars. SPARK Schools teaches the PR1ME Maths curriculum which is a world class program based on effective teaching and learning practices of Singapore, Republic of Korea and Hong Kong.
- Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students from 7:45-3:30 pm (depending on grade level assignment and timetable) daily within content area specialisation.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create individualised behaviour and learning plans for all students.
- Attend pre-service professional development before the school year begins and attend weekly professional development every Monday afternoon.
- Administer weekly and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth.
- SPARK Educators should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings.
- Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles and implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum.
- Use SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team.
- Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
- Submit student results data when required.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.Ed. degree or H.Dip.Ed. or PGCE. Mathematics focus and competency. Recently qualified teachers are encouraged to apply!
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE).
- SAQA accreditation for non-South African equivalent qualifications
- English language fluency.
- A clear criminal record
● Recently qualified teachers or teachers with experience are encouraged to apply!
Skills and Mindset:
● Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and
an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
● Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social ImpactDisruptor and Society Shaper who is
leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the
accessibility of university and careers for all.
● Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and
advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
● Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees to ensure the accessibility of
university and careers for all.
We are looking for ‘’GEMS’’ with the following attributes:
● Grit: Persistence through challenges.
● Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
● Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools
mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
● Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
R 20,400.00 per month cost to company
Position Type: Temp
Locations: South Region
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.