Primary school Physical Education Coach ( IP) West Region
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission driven, and innovative organisation looking for ambitious people to join our team.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
SPARK Schools PE coaches drive student achievement by overseeing the culture and effectiveness of physical education. SPARK Schools PE coaches work directly with students in the school’s outdoor sports spaces to increase and maintain their health and wellness.
PE coaches are integral to the SPARK Schools “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Create a positive student culture around physical education and maintain high behavioural expectations for all students.
- Use SPARK culture and behaviour management practices. Implement SPARK SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Curriculum.
- Supervise scholars during morning arrivals
- Set up for SPARKs Fly.
- Actively coach students in the development of gross motor skills, team habits, and specific sports skills.
- Teach students about healthy eating, exercise, and hygiene habits, including positive choices they should make at home and at school.
- Create lesson plans aligned to network-wide PE curriculum and personalised for students.
- Plan strategies to stretch content and scholar outcomes during the course of the academic year.
- Take responsibility for PE equipment and report any damage..
- Communicate professionally with school staff and parents regarding students.
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Previous experience managing or working with primary school-aged children
- Physical Education experience or training
- Preferably studying a degree in Human Movement/ Sport Science
- Preferred Qualifications
- English language fluency.
- Police clearance certificate
- Grade 12 Certificate
- SACE registration
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
R12,450.00 P/M CTC
Position Type: Full Time
- Johannesburg- West ( Weltevreden Park )
- Group Life Cover