High School AP - Operations & Blended Learning - SPARK Blue Downs High
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 20 primary schools and 4 high schools and serving over 15,000 families. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Purpose of Role:
The School Operations Manager drives student achievement in the SPARK Schools network by ensuring that their school operates smoothly, efficiently, and to a consistent standard of excellence.
The School Operations Manager is integral to the SPARK Schools culture and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- Implement school wide systems and procedures (for example, arrivals, dismissals, cover timetables, study hall timetables, and examination administration) to facilitate student achievement and align with SPARK Schools network -wide best practice.
- Support scholar achievement by setting clear and high expectations for excellent facilitation and monitoring in all innovation hubs.
- Maintain a regular schedule of observations in all the innovation hubs and observation review meetings with blended learning facilitators to ensure that they can successfully plan online courses, execute monitoring and tracking, and implement SPARK Schools’ culture and behaviour management techniques.
- Facilitate professional development for operational staff & Blended Learning Facilitators on the implementation of schoolwide systems, as well as personal and professional competencies. This includes designing and facilitating biweekly group sessions and individual one-on-one coaching sessions, as well as arranging for individual professional growth opportunities.
- Oversee the Office Manager’s administration of student information systems and student records.
- Ensure study hall attendance and late pick up is tracked accurately and submitted to billing on time.
- Ensure effective study material/resources are sourced and procured for high school scholars, in coordination with the Learning Model team.
- Implement a rigorous study hall product with measurable academic outcomes using data-driven strategies.
- Organise and manage the high school clubs as per the implementation guide.
- Manage the clubs and XC project budget, coordinating delivery of materials and resources in full and on time.
- Manage examination routines & procedures as outlined in the implementation guides and by DBE regulations.
- Organise and maintain relationships with extramural vendors.
- Line manage school site operational staff (office manager, facilities and maintenance staff, supervisors, and security guard) & Blended Learning Facilitators, including regular performance reviews.
- Manage all school inventory, including fixed assets (technology and furniture), stationery, cleaning supplies, and other resources.
- Conduct weekly asset checks of all Chromebooks for scholars and staff radios.
- Manage roaming Chromebook set and maintain a register, schedule and daily monitoring of roaming Chromebooks.
- Conduct monthly stock take and update asset counts.
- Oversee the maintenance of the school facility, including coordinating efforts amongst facilities and maintenance staff, SPARK Schools Support staff, outside vendors and suppliers, and security services.
- Maintain a daily schedule of facilities and grounds walk-arounds and observations, including lunch, break and study hall observations.
- Coordinate with the Procurement team at SPARK Support for fixed assets and consumables.
- Manage the site specific and study hall budgets.
- Participate in the selection of new school-based staff.
- Onboard new personnel.
- Understand and enforce network-wide policies and compliance requirements, including related Umalusi regulations.
- Lead the site-specific crisis management team.
- Understand and implement SPARK Schools crisis management strategy.
- Attend to sick or injured children and liaise with parents/guardians about their children.
- Attend to sick or injured staff and liaise with emergency contacts.
- Attend coaching 1:1s with the school principal and regular team meetings with the principal and assistant principal(s).
- Participate actively in staff development opportunities as a member of the SPARK Schools team.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and criteria:
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree (SP & FET)
- SACE registration
- 2-3 years of classroom instruction
- 2-3 years operational management/leadership in a high school context
- Level 1 and 2 first aid certificates
- Clear criminal record
- English language fluency
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
- fair market linked remuneration
- discretionary performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Remuneration: R30,000.00 ctc p/m
Position type: Full Time
Location: Spark Blue Downs, Western Cape
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.