High School Educators - Grd 12 FET Phase - SPARK Randburg High - (Talent Pool)
Watch our Vision Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOU0TYnNsZo
Take a tour of our Website: https://sparkschools.co.za/
SPARK Schools is a social impact disruptor and is leading change in the education space through its network of affordable private schools. The SPARK Schools network provides transformational education innovation through Africa’s first blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalized education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values-driven entrepreneurial organisation, operating 20 primary schools, 4 high schools and serving over 14,000 families in 2023. We are looking for dynamic people to join our team.
SPARK Schools teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all scholars. SPARK Schools FET Educators are content specialists in their respective subject specialities. SPARK high school FET Phase educators equip scholars with the knowledge and tools required for matriculation and work collaboratively in leading an integrated inquiry-based curriculum.
FET Phase Educators are integral to the SPARK Schools’ culture and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
Reports To: Assistant Principal or Principal
- Plan for, teach and co-teach face to face and distance lessons for and deliver academic and clubs lessons.
- Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create and implement high quality individualised behaviour and learning plans for scholars.
- Participate actively in all scheduled professional development sessions.
- Develop and administer formative and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data for student growth for all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings.
- Submit and analyse scholar data in order to track progress and intervene when necessary.
- Lead scholar social and emotional development through CQ (Character Quotient) sessions and reflections.
- Plan for, deliver and monitor programmes to support low performing scholars, or extend high performing scholars.
- Participate in place-based education where required within mandated national curriculum or as part of SPARK Schools curriculum enrichment.
- Participate in career and tertiary pathways education where required as part of scholar culture and character development.
- Develop SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
- Nurture a high achieving work environment where all scholars feel genuinely valued and supported.
- Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
- Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team. Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
- Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
- Submit student results data when required.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- English language fluency
- Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree - FET Phase (Various Subject Specialisations)
- SACE registration
- Clear/Clean criminal record
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Compensation: R25,000.00 ctc p/m (Negotiable)
Position Type: Part Time
Location: SPARK Randburg High School, York Avenue Campus
SPARK schools is an equal opportunities employer and preference will be given to candidates from designated groups with due consideration of the company’s Employment Equity goals and targets.
SPARK schools encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.