Primary School isiXhosa and Creative arts Teacher Temp ( IP)- SPARK Bluedowns W
About SPARK Schools
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
SPARK Schools has a culture of collaboration, because getting South Africa to lead global education takes a team effort. We are innovators who strive for excellence through persistence and a sense of urgency to achieve SPARK Schools’ vision, mission and social transformational objectives. Our work environment is vibrant/cheerful, fast-paced/dynamic, engaging/stimulating, tech-enabled and data driven.
Our blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Principal or Assistant Principal
Purpose of Role:
Teachers in SPARK Schools drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour, and academic growth for all students. SPARK Schools teachers receive on-going professional development customised for their past experience and individual needs. All teachers are integral to the SPARK Schools’ “culture” and our commitment to rigorous, engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
- ● Plan for and be prepared to deliver lessons to students, in isiXhosa and Creative Arts, depending on the grade level and timetable. ● Provide instruction in a variety of subjects and reach students with engaging lesson plans and resources. ● Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences and to create individualized behavior and learning plans for all students in class face to face and online. ● Lead weekly SEL (Social Emotional Learning) circles and implement SPARK Schools Social Emotional Learning curriculum. ● Use SPARK culture and implement behavior management strategies. ● Administer and mark weekly and termly formative and summative assessments to track student progress and analyze the data for student growth. ● SPARK teachers should have a core focus on student achievement and should drive all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings. ● Submit student results data when required. ● Attend pre-service professional development before the school year begins and attend weekly professional development and any other training interventions. ● Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents, and other stakeholders. ● Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and at all stakeholders
- ● Nurture a high-achieving work environment where all students feel genuinely valued and supported. ● Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings. ● Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team. ● Adhere to the child protection, anti-bullying, and health and safety policy. ● Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- B.Ed. degree or PGCE. Recently qualified teachers are encouraged to apply!
- Certification through the South African Council of Educators (SACE)
- English language fluency
- Fluency in isiXhosa
- Clear criminal record
Skills and Mindset:
- Strong desire to be part of a vibrant and dynamic technology-driven work environment fostering creativity, collaboration and an atmosphere that encourages and allows top performers to thrive.
- Strong desire to be part of a collaborative, team spirited and fast growing Social Impact Disruptor and Society Shaper who is leading change in the education space in South Africa through transformational education innovation, ensuring the accessibility of university and careers for all.
- Strong desire to be part of a learning culture with excellent career development and advancement opportunities supported by individualised professional development, support and mentorship.
- Ability, Desire and Passion to deliver high quality transformational education at affordable fees
to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
We are looking for ‘’GEMS’’ with the following attributes
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self-reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- fair market linked remuneration
- performance-based annual bonuses and increases
- above average/good annual leave
- life, disability and funeral cover
- employee wellness support
- educational support & study leave
- individualised professional development, support and mentorship
- employee discount on school fees
- opportunities for career growth
Position Type: Temp Position
Location: Bluedowns - Western Cape
SPARK Schools may expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
Kindly note that should you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.