Regional Manager, Schools
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the team: Schools Management
Schools are the heart of NewGlobe. Schools is responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence. The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which works to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, by ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children. Schools is the largest team in the organization, as this Group is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of each school. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. Our investments in instructional design and teachers’ professional development are overseen by the Schools Group, and academics is at the forefront of our school programming. To ensure sustainability, we support effective school-level budgeting and financial management. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through increased enrollments in the school, signaling strength in management and community engagement, and by the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance driven.
About the Role
Schools ensure efficient management through an organizational structure that divides schools into regions within a territory, and oversight of a region to one Regional Manager. Each Regional Manager is responsible for the management and professional development of Supervisors. A Supervisor is responsible for the support and professional development of a group of schools; Supervisors report to a Regional Manager who in turn is responsible for the success of that school region or territory.
In your role, you will lead your team of supervisors in relentlessly pursuing excellence through their School leaders, and achieving their learning, operational, and school strength outcomes. You will provide oversight and mentoring to supervisors so that they can succeed in their oversight and mentoring for School leaders. You will hold each supervisor accountable in meeting their targets, while ensuring that they have the management skills to support achievement of their School leaders and school goals. You will also use big data to provide targeted feedback, coaching to individuals on your team. Their success is your success.
What You Will Do
- Be responsible for the success of schools and all Supervisors, including all aspects of learning outcomes, school management, and community and parent engagement.
- Ensure each Supervisor delivers on their oversight of schools and individual KPIs. Their schools should deliver the promise of learning and holistic development for children, and have a strong and high-performing cohort of teachers.
- Provide Supervisors with day to day oversight, guidance and coaching. This includes facilitating regular touchpoints with supervisors, reading and responding to reports submitted by the supervisors, and providing feedback on their work.
- Provide Supervisors with all training necessary for their success, including their onboarding, professional development, and “train the trainer” sessions for content that supervisors need to deliver to their School leaders.
- Use data from multiple sources, including your own field visits, quality assurance audits, and big data on school staff behavior, and lead supervisors to improve their oversight, mentoring and professional development for School leaders.
- Coach supervisors in their use of data to provide data-driven oversight and guidance for school leaders, and creation of Supervisor route plans.
- Be in schools 70% of the time, observing Supervisors and providing feedback after on ways the supervisor can further support the School leader and/or teachers.
- Work with relevant government stakeholders in all matters affecting the success and sustainability of schools such as school registration, etc.
- When observing or holding meetings, use rubrics or other documents to support structured observation and reporting.
- Support specific school events, including collaborating on programming for such events as school opening celebrations, parent teacher conferences and school closing celebrations, as well as community showcases and participation in co-curricular competitions.
- Through Supervisors, ensure school staff and students are prepared to sit in government-proctored exams, as they may occur on a termly basis, and with particular attention to national examinations.
- Through Supervisors, ensure school strength and support enrollment efforts.
- Through Supervisors, ensure local regulatory processes are followed, including environmental & social standards, as well as national regulations.
- Through Supervisors, ensure that leadership & development sessions are delivered to schools during the course of the school year, and during induction training for new staff. Supervisors should use the materials and programming developed by the Leadership & Development team.
- Work with the Leadership & Development team and L&D Manager to provide, facilitate on-going professional development for School leaders through Supervisors.
- Through Supervisors, support schools through transition of staff, including school leaders and teachers.
- Supervise budget and optimization, prevent fraud and ensure financial discipline among Supervisors.
- Guide Supervisors in developing a clear travel plan and workflow for each week.
What You Should Have
- Proven management and leadership experience, leading teams of people to accomplish an objective
- Proven experience managing field-based teams
- Experience in mentorship and coaching of youth and adults
- Management of education based teams a plus
- Belief in data-driven decision making
- Ability to use Excel to compile and manipulate data
- Relentless focus on achievement for yourself and others
- Bias towards action
- Flexible and loves to work in a dynamic environment
- Collaborative leader with strong relationship building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Undergraduate degree (or its equivalent)
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe on our LinkedIn page.