Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Finance Department at NewGlobe partners with country and global leadership to achieve financial sustainability of our operations and make our mission come true. We provide strategic partnership to global leadership and actionable feedback on our financial performance. We are continually focused on judicious use of resources whether for each one of our territories or for the entire organization. Across our rapidly scaling multi-unit enterprise, we provide leadership to build a world-class financial organization. This includes the design and development of financial systems, policies, procedures (taking into account current and fast growing high volume transactions, teams, numbers of geographically distributed business units) and provision of shared services for financial operations by a centralized team specializing in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis.
About the Role
The Controller will leverage strong leadership skills to enable the team to achieve operational excellence and move towards being the platform for innovation in financial processes.
The Controller is the custodian of internal controls and financial reporting. In that regard he ensures compliance to the organizational policies and procedures and drives continuous process improvements to minimize/eliminate the risk of fraud.
The Controller is a key member of the global Finance team and will report to VP Finance.
What You Will Do
- Run the month end closing process to ensure that the group and subsidiaries management numbers are delivered on time with accuracy and understanding.
- Monthly balance sheet reviews of all entities to ensure accuracy and compliance with IRFS reporting.
- Bi weekly review and determine corrective actions for AR, AP, treasury and Inventory.
- Support IT management on new and open tickets and monitor the performance to ensure that we are serviced in a timely and accurate manner to improve efficiencies within the Finance department.
- Ensure that all direct and indirect tax related compliance for the group and on a subsidiary level to ensure reporting is filed on time with accuracy. Therefore, a rolling three-month corporate fillings dashboard is needed with a planning schedule for the general ledger team. A corporate filing tracker is needed for the full year overview.
- Manage the group and local and audits to deliver an accurate and quality set of financial statements with an unqualified audit opinion to the Board and Audit committee at the end of April each year.
- Weekly dashboard management review and determine the corrective course of action.
- Manage and support the KPMG finance team and so we act as one finance department and deliver with consistency and accuracy.
What You Should Have
- 8-12 years of experience within accounting and controlling aspects,
- Practical knowledge of IFRS reporting is
- Strong background in financial management with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Be familiar with managing financial processes and risks for extensive field-based
- Exceptional analytical and presentation
- Exceptional communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must.
- Likes being challenged and challenging Will speak up.
- Holds high integrity Will do the right thing even if it means disagreeing with others, regardless of their seniority.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA or CPA)
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low- resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to
- A curious investigator – You ask why a You don’t just take what you see and accept it.