Service Management Manager, IT Operations
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Technology Group
Technology plays a critical role enabling us to provide transformative education at massive scale in highly resource constrained environments. This is one of the key elements that gives us the ability to deliver radically impactful programmes, creating brighter futures for a generation of children across the world each day. Technology spans several key functions, including product management, business intelligence, software development and IT operations.
Working with us, passionate technologists have a chance to directly change the world. No kidding.
IT Operations is responsible for last mile delivery of technology, ensuring that everyone, from school staff to executives, all have the functioning technology they need to excel at their jobs. Our portfolio involves proprietary, offline-first, cloud-based applications running in challenging environments - inconsistent power, unreliable network connectivity, technically unsophisticated users. IT Operations also oversees the technical infrastructure that supports and connects all of our global offices, as well as the back-office systems that power our customer care centres, finance teams, warehouses, and more.
Within the Technology group, IT Operations also holds the distinction of being the only department with a dedicated presence in each of our operating territories, meaning that is also the key conduit and primary advocate for all aspects of technology, ensuring the work done by the other technology departments delivers on its potential.
About the Role
As the person responsible for Service Management and End-User Computing, you will be a key member of the Technology leadership team. You will help transform our Technology service management function by establishing and enforcing service management best practices, from process to execution to measurement. You’ll start with the shared services team in Hyderabad and build outward to partner with the IT managers in our different countries to standardise and elevate their service management functions.
You will be responsible for ensuring high-quality and responsive IT support for a large, diverse, and rapidly expanding global organisation with a wide range of users. You will report to the Associate Director of IT Operations and will collaborate with regional teams in a global matrix organization to help deliver support across all territories.
What You Will Do
- Create and lead a high performing IT Service Management team, including training, coaching and development of Service Desk Analysts.
- Implement best practices and continuous operational improvement for IT Service Management, including a performance monitoring system and Knowledge Management and the creation, management, and maintenance of service desk processes. Ensure that standards are followed.
- Collaborate with L1 support teams in all countries where New Globe operates to produce effective reporting metrics for key stakeholders based on KPIs such as SLAs, MTTA, MTTR, and FCR. Provide data and reporting on these KPIs and trends to Management and others in ad-hoc, weekly, monthly as requested.
- Establish and enforce best practices related to the Service Management tool, including establishing appropriate classifications and categorisations, workflows, and SLAs.
- Establish and drive knowledge management, Root Cause Analysis management processes and effective collaboration with the L3 experts, including the creation and maintenance of a knowledge repository of troubleshooting guides, self help guides, service desk processes and workflows.
- Day-to-day Management of first line technical service desk to respond to internal/external customer incidents and queries via service desk application, email, or phone.
- Ticket management of Incidents, Problems, Changes and New Requests.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues, become the incident manager in major incidents. Act as an escalation point for all incidents and requests.
- Institute Problem Management from Major Incidents, RCA reports, and proactive analysis of trends in incidents eliminating recurring incidents
- Work to make Service Desk the single source of service delivery channel for the company. Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to customers provided by L3 support teams.
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.
- Manage the Employee Life Cycle activities from on boarding to off boarding. Making sure that the employees have everything they need from hardware to access as soon as they join and also make sure that all access is removed in a timely manner on exits. And manage an effective shift model, in particular during special business events.
- Maintain a calendar of maintenance requests and ensure communication to customers with the appropriate information as well as the end-user computing and service catalogue
- Manage vendor relationships to establish high levels of service delivery across all IT Operations
What You Should Have
- 7+ years of progressive experience in field of ITSM (majorly into Incident and Problem Management areas)
- Experience in Service Management using ITIL, ITSM framework, Vendor and SLA Management., handling incidents, crisis management, troubleshoot techniques, root cause analysis and change management.
- Bachelor's degree with superior academic performance
- ITIL Certified
- A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness
- A data-driven perspective, understanding the importance of reliable tracking and measurements in the context of continuous improvement
- Ability to act as an influencer, while also standing ground in areas of expertise
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours, as well as the ability to work under broad direction and minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and are energised by interacting with people and building relationships.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, set targets, engage others, and do whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging just $6 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand. Every dollar you spend is a dollar our customers, who live on less than $2 a day, will have to pay for.
- A customer advocate – Our customers – these families living on less than $2 a day per person – never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A life-long learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.