Officer, Leadership & Development
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scales. Through building impactful partnerships and programs, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning. All children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curricula and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their history and master local content while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behavior change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honored to serve and help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The objective of the Academics group is to drive student achievement. To do so, we must know -- what is happening minute-by-minute for the typical child. The student’s daily experience, and thus the path to achievement, emerges from their relationship with the teachers and the content that is delivered in the classroom. Our team is collaboratively organized around these levers. We develop rigorous content pitched at the right level for students to be delivered by a teacher who is prepared to succeed in the classroom. Our Instructional Design department builds the content; our Leadership & Development department trains teachers and school leaders using scientifically-proven techniques; our Learning Innovation department looks at cutting-edge research to generate breakthrough learning gains. Underpinning all of this is the work of the independent Measurement and Evaluation group, which provides Academics with an empirical orientation toward improving that daily experience and, in turn, driving achievement.
Leadership & Development
In joining the Leadership & Development team you are joining the group charged with ensuring that our frontline staff are exceptional leaders who are energized and empowered to ensure the kids in their communities and classrooms receive an excellent education. The team is laser-focused on outcomes, inherently collaborative in nature, loves fostering leadership in others, is unwaveringly committed to ensuring a quality education for our pupils, are lifelong learners, and gets excited about creating incredible learning interventions that drive positive behaviour and mindset change in adults. You will flourish on this team if you are: a team player, hyper-focused on results, flexible in a dynamic environment, and have fun while working hard.
About the Role
This role is responsible for effective and high quality implementation of training programs and ensuring that teachers are well-supported through the academic year for the designated new or existing NewGlobe territory that you are assigned.. This role reports to the Manager, L&D in the territory.
What You will Do
- Establish School Inspection Procedures. The School Inspection Director is responsible for creating and implementing School Inspection procedures and methodologies after deeply understanding our processes. The School Inspection Director will measure, monitor, and analyze current processes, make recommendations for improvement and develop new solutions to enhance quality control. The School Inspection Director will use and continually improve the core audits and best practices already in place.
- Data gathering & analysis
- Be responsible for gathering all training data and preparing the training report to be shared with L&D Shared Services.
- Gather reliable data consistently from classroom observations and coaching at school within the designated territory and report to the Shared Services L&D team.
- Analyze data from training and observations and share trends, insights with Schools and L&D Shared Services team for improvements.
- In collaboration with Shared Services Academics, support the design and execution of pilot projects that seek to answer questions on training and coaching effectiveness which will eventually lead to process improvements for L&D
Training & support
- Be well-equipped to train as an excellent facilitator who will deliver on the Leadership & Development vision for supporting teachers and school leaders in NewGlobe territories (existing or new)
- Visit classrooms regularly in between training for observing classroom teaching, coaching teachers and supporting school leaders to be effective instructional leaders.
- Participate actively in all activities leading up to the launch of the training under the guidance of L&D Manager ensuring all logistical and operational prerequisites are in place to ensure effective implementation of training.
- Work with the content design team in Cambridge through the Manager, L&D to support professional development of supervisors as needed by the Schools team.
What you should have
- A bachelor’s degree in any field. Degrees or certifications in Education would be a bonus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a teacher. Any teacher training experience would be a bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must. PowerPoint, Word, and Google Suite knowledge will be a bonus.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.