Programme Manager Schools
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scales. Through building impactful partnerships and programs, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning. All children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curricula and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their history and master local content while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behavior change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honored to serve and help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all-encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
Schools Group Department
Schools are the heart of NewGlobe. Schools is responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence.
The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which works to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, by ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children. Schools is the largest team in the organization, as this Group is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of each school. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching.
Our investments in instructional design and teachers’ professional development are overseen by the Schools Group, and academics is at the forefront of our school programming. To ensure sustainability, we support effective school-level budgeting and financial management. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through increased enrollments in the school, signalling strength in management and community engagement, and by the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance driven.
About the Role
As the Programme Manager of School and Community Management you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire “front of house” school operations from beginning to end.
This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability. This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate the Management of EkitiPROSPER Education’ Partnership Schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Academics
- Supervise and Manage Community engagement strategy for building powerful public schools
- Develop, manage and supervise PTA engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all EkitiPROSPER Education’ Partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Spend time in EkitiPROSPER Partnership communities developing knowledge of the communities as well as driving customer insights and critical business issues opportunities
- Assist in recruiting, induction trainings, workshops, and on-going professional development
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from field; work with assigned partners and Director to increase community linkages.
- Ensure that schools` grounds and buildings are maintained, oversee repairs, and training principles.
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations, Community Leaders in developing strategic plans for school management.
- Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director.
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor's degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or in any relevant field.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
- Passion for NewGlobe’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed..
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.