Officer, IT Operations
Who We Are
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
Technology plays a critical role in enabling us to provide transformative education at a massive scale in highly resource-constrained environments. This is one of the key elements that gives us the ability to deliver radically impactful programmes, creating brighter futures for a generation of children across the world each day. Technology spans several key functions, including product management, business intelligence, software development and IT operations.
Working with us, passionate technologists have a chance to directly change the world.
IT Operations is responsible for last mile delivery of technology, ensuring that everyone from school staff to executives, all have the functioning technology they need to excel at their jobs. It also oversees the technical infrastructure that supports and connects all of our global offices, as well as the back-office systems that power our customer care centers, finance teams, warehouses, and more.
Within the technology group, IT Operations also holds the distinction of being the only department with a dedicated presence in each of our operating territories, meaning that is also the key conduit and primary advocate for all aspects of technology at our, ensuring the work done by the other technology departments delivers on its potential.
About the Role
The Officer, IT Operations role combines the provision of front-line support and superior customer service to our schools and support teams with the responsibility for one of our key functional areas in IT Operations, including asset management, problem management, and support office support. The Officer role rotates between these functional areas, bringing fresh energy and insights to each area, while gaining experience over the different aspects required to ensure our Tech investments deliver on our ambitious mission. It will involve rolling up your sleeves to get the day to day done with ensuring overall delivery excellence for your assigned area.
The role reports to the Manager, IT Operations, who has broad oversight over the programme, and involves mentoring and developing Associates.
What You Will Do
- Ensure delivery against one of our key functional areas for IT Operations:
- Teacher Tablets: ensuring high availability of teacher tablets, including proper assignment, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Smartphones and Tablets - ensuring high availability of school leaders and field staff devices, including proper assignment, monitoring and management (mobile device management), and procurement.
- Problem Management - ensuring that all Tech issues ("incidents") are properly tracked and regularly analyzed to identify our key "problems" (recurring incidents) - and to work on sustainable solutions
- Support Office Support: ensuring the support office is high-functioning - working IT Assets (laptops, printers, etc.), network, firewall, PBX, etc.
- Provide first point of IT support contact for all staff, covering all hardware, software, and associated peripherals.
- Proactively troubleshoot using reports and data analytic tools provided - and also contribute back to their evolution and improvement.
- Deploy IT assets and associated peripherals, including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- Manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematically to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Visit schools to understand pain points and receive feedback.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration problems, notifying or forwarding to the relevant suppliers in a timely manner.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior staff members in all of the above.
- Provide technical assistance to project teams and undertake technical project roles when required.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the IT Department.
What you should have
- A Degree from a recognised university with top marks in a relevant discipline
- Suitable IT/industry work experience
- Experience working within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent technical knowledge of IT hardware, including laptops, mobile devices (esp. Android), and peripherals
- Software and hardware troubleshooting ability
- Experience working and training on a variety of IT subjects and applications
- Analytical capability - ability to analyze data sets and be data driven. Advanced analytical capabilities, such as SQL, a plus.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Research skills, including ability to identify and propose solutions to issues/crisis
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe on our LinkedIn page.