Project Manager, Policy and Partnerships Africa
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Policy and Partnerships team leads our movement to transform the lives of millions of children through education. We lead pioneering efforts to revitalize Government-led delivery of education across the world. We engage with visionary political and Government leadership to help shape policy, strengthen delivery and impact complex education systems through our partnerships.
About the Role
The Project Manager Policy & Partnerships, Africa will work closely with the Vice President Policy and Partnerships Africa as well as the rest of the P&P team to specifically to support tracking and reporting of partnership process from start to finish. The Project Manager will also support where necessary at meetings, take detailed minutes and ensure real time follow up on all leads by relationship managers. This role is a support role and integral to enabling P&P team members to identify, engage and close new statewide and nationwide partnerships across Africa. These multi-year, contracted partnerships for complete system transformation become the signature reform of our government partners to deliver on their state’s critical education, development, and economic objectives.
What You Will Do
Support the Vice President P&P in Monitoring and evaluating the progress of all partnership discussions and contract negotiations within Africa both at a National and State Level.
- Project manage the details of each opportunity in the pipeline (this includes tracking contacts, conversation outcomes, deadlines, follow ups, and ensuring accurate and up-to-date detailed information for every opportunity is tracked)
- Develop and manage travel diary and meeting schedule for entire team as part of the tracking process.
- Research and pull together data upon request for each potential opportunity (including available public information on school statistics, budgets, budgeting cycles, bios on key stakeholders)
- Tracking and maintaining relationships with key contacts
- Supporting in meetings both physical and remote
- Coordinate and communicate with other internal teams such as marketing, to ensure seamless flow of information and tracking against joint projects and deadlines.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about opportunity and pipeline updates and progress.
- Conduct data gathering research on potential government partners and international development partners and compile into reports for the
- Track K-12 related developments on policy, legislations and programmes in targeted areas and use that information to help the team create priorities for targets
- Support team through writing inputs into custom presentations and proposals for each meeting
- In addition to presentations, demonstrations, and deep dives, you will need to learn the local context, priorities, politics and challenges, to articulate how this transformation will fulfill each government’s needs, goals and vision.
- Once a new partnership is closed, coordinate with and support our Partnership Launch team with communication and coordination with Government until transition period complete.
What You Should Have
- Passion for NewGlobe’s vision of democratizing the right for all children to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- 3+ years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience in a project management role
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Experience working with government and in education a plus
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong writing, research and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Examples of relevant prior work experience include: Product/ Project Management, Operations
- Self-starter; highly driven individual that will take ownership from the get-go and proactively look for improvement
- Strong leadership skills and has demonstrated ability to work with a very diverse workforce
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A curious investigator – You ask ‘why’ a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.