Manager, Resolution Team
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Operations team is responsible for the execution, and management of the entire sequence of processes required to service the activities of each school, and to provide that support at scale in the most cost efficient and effective way possible. It is the nerve centre of the work that is done in any region, and is the interface that brings all school-level support functions together through it's different departments - Resolution Team, Operations Program, Instructional Oversight, IT Operations, and Supply Chain. The Operations leadership is responsible for providing overall leadership to the team, through the supervision of all routine tasks, coordination between all teams, oversight of all systems, processes, and data capturing, and ensuring that the work done by the team is done in the most efficient and cost effective way possible to enable us to better service our parents and government partners, provide a better experience for our employees, and a stable platform on which we continue to scale our work.
The Resolution Team - The Resolution Team is the principal team that leads the resolution of all issues that a school leader, teacher, or parent might encounter. The team acts as a support hub, ensuring that multiple channels of communication are available for school staff, support staff, and parents to communicate what they observe at a school, as well as ensuring that critical operational updates get communicated outwards. The team oversees the complete resolution of all issues reported, either through direct resolution at the point of interaction, or by working with other departments if further technical support or expertise is needed. The team also acts as an early warning system to the programmes, through escalating emergency situations, looking for patterns among issues reported and bringing them to the notice of the management. It is the nexus of all problem-solving, and is critical to ensuring that all issues in service delivery are handled effectively and transparently.
About the Role
The Resolution Team is the first-line resolution centre for any and all issues that may come through from School leaders, Teachers, support staff, parents,and more. The Resolution Team Manager is the leader of this team, and should have a deep understanding of the structure and operations of the business and willingness to learn as the company is continuously growing and evolving. This role is responsible for managing a team of several associates to ensure operational efficiency.
What You Will Do
- Performance Management: Setting and evaluating team members’ performance against specific targets for speed, accuracy, efficiency, sales and quality; and improving performance by increasing efficiency and maximizing productivity.
- Team Management: Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes; identifying training needs and planning training sessions; organising staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand.
- Managing the daily running of the Resolution Department: Monitoring inbound and outbound calls to improve quality, minimise errors, and track operative performance; recording statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the centre and preparing reports.
- Processes and Procedures: Create effective customer service procedures, policies and standards
- Develop customer satisfaction goals and coordinate with the team to meet them on a daily basis
- Client Management: Liaising with supervisors, team leaders, academy staff, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues; handling the most complex customer complaints or enquiries.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- At least 3-4 years of Customer Care experience, Customer Service, or help desk support.
- 5+ years of management experience preferably in a call center managing both inbound and outbound calls.
- Understanding of both English and Mizo languages in order to respond to issues effectively while assuring quality to our target customer.
- Experience in managing people and their performance.
- Experience and/or appreciation of social impact business.
- Work experience in a highly operational role in a data-driven, customer-focused environment.
- Knowledge in data analytics and research and a track record in building and implementing data-driven operational systems.
- Proven resilience to handle the realities of on-the-ground operational challenges.
- Expertise in using Customer Relationship Management and Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Customer service orientation, high level of motivation & professional etiquette.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural mentor with strong organizational and management skills.
- Savvy leader with exceptional relationship building and team development skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a key affinity to prioritizing and multitasking
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network in Nigeria from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.