Senior Manager, Finance
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
Our Finance Department partners with country and global leadership to achieve financial sustainability of our operations and make our mission come true. We provide strategic partnership to global leadership and actionable feedback on our financial performance. We are continually focused on judicious use of resources whether for each one of our territories or for the entire organisation. Across our rapidly scaling multi-unit enterprise, we provide leadership to build a world-class financial organization. This includes the design and development of financial systems, policies, procedures (taking into account current and fast growing high volume transactions, teams, numbers of geographically distributed business units) and provision of shared services for financial operations by a centralized team specializing in Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury and Financial Planning & Analysis.
About the Role
The Controller, Finance will leverage strong leadership skills to enable the team to achieve operational excellence and move towards being the platform for innovation in financial processes. He/she will develop and mentor a robust team of six directors across multiple geographies and guide this team on its path of transformation. He/she will help build a culture that’s aligned to the NewGlobe mission and which encourages solution orientation through collaboration and continuous innovation to improve our financial systems.
The Controller is the custodian of internal controls and financial reporting. In that regard he ensures compliance to the organizational policies and procedures and drives continuous process improvements to minimize/eliminate the risk of fraud.
The Controller is a key member of the global Finance leadership team and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You Will Do
- Create / improve the processes required to accurately report, incompliance with IFRS, the financial position of the company each month / quarter / year.
- Own internal / statutory and tax and audits from time to time for the group entities.
- Undertake investor due diligence for the group entities.
- Standardization of financial reporting across NewGlobeentities.
- Manage a large team of accounting professionals as well as several external consultants and advisers covering diverse functional areas.
- Define and implement key performance indicators and internal service level agreements for the Finance Operations team.
- Develop / strengthen compliance processes, specifically for third party contracts and the businesses in general.
- Handle all direct and indirect tax-related and regulatory compliance for the group globally.
- Develop and maintain a system of internal control designed to reduce risk, lower cost and enable continuous improvement and operational excellenceCompliance with various covenants on the agreements with investors / lenders.
- Strategize tax effective revenue models in line with transfer pricing regulations.
- Review transfer pricing study and evaluation for the group.
- Collaborate and coach regional Finance leadership team across the globe.
- Assist the Country Teams in taking appropriate financial decisions for the organization
- Does not lose sight of the big picture and continuously drives financial efficiencies, with strong attention for detail.
- Aid in the structure of a cash management process that sets an adequate liquidity buffer.
- Establish productive relationships with tax advisors, vendors of tax services, the revenue authorities, and local tax authorities.
- Provide leadership in hiring, development and retention of a high-performing team.
What You Should Have
- 8-12 years of experience within accounting and controlling aspects, including experience in a similar role in a fast paced, hyper growth environment for at least 2 years.
- Practical knowledge of IFRS reporting is required.
- Strong background in financial management (systems) with a thorough understanding of financial regulations.
- Be familiar with managing financial processes and risks for extensive field-based operations.
- Exceptional analytical and presentation skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and can gain credibility with both internal and external stakeholders. Fluency in English is a must.
- Likes being challenged and challenging others. Will speak up.
- Holds high integrity standards. Will do the right thing even if it means disagreeing with others, regardless of their seniority.
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA, ACCA or CPA)
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate –The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience,
- A malleable learner –You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.