ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit on a mission to provide free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world-class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery-based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages and by working with large public school systems. Khan Academy is already available in Assamese, Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE INDIA SCHOOLS TEAM
In line with our focus to reach the underserved, we partner with government school systems to improve student learning outcomes by enabling teachers and students to optimally utilize the tools and resources on the Khan Academy platform. From our government partnerships, we have reached 1.2 million learners this last year, partnering with 8500+ schools across various states. Our goal is to expand our scale to reach over five million learners in five years.
The Schools Team works in a lean and collaborative way with our partners, developing strong implementation plans and providing support at every step of the way. Specifically, the team supports teachers and administrators through training and resources, and enabling peer-to-peer sharing. We learn and constantly iterate by gathering feedback and through data-backed insights and efficacy studies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Khan Academy India is looking for divisional coordinators to join our growing Schools Team as a Divisional Coordinator consultant to support our programme with the government school system in Punjab. The consultant will be based in one of the districts of Punjab and responsible for schools in one of the five divisions i.e Faridkot, Ferozepur, Jalandhar, Patiala, Roopnagar . In this role, you will be working with the Senior Program Lead and State Coordinator and will be responsible for driving the implementation of the Khan Academy programme in the schools.
Please Note : This is a short-term contract role ending on 31st March 2024.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Support programme implementation: Work with Punjab State Team to help support the implementation of the Khan Academy learning platform across government schools in one of the divisions.
- Deliver and support in delivering training to education officials (Khan Academy program mentors/administrative cadre) and teachers on a regular basis.
- Follow up on implementation by regularly visiting schools assigned and supporting teachers to implement the program.
- Manage relationships: Build and maintain strong relationships with administration officials which include division level offciers, district-level officers, and schools..
- Regularly conduct school visits and have regular touchpoints with the teachers to generate insights from the schools and create plans to improve usage.
- Build our learning muscle by analyzing qualitative feedback from the state systems and sharing them with the larger team.
- Provide any other support, as needed, for the programme.
You would be a great fit for the role if you are:
- Someone with 3-5 yrs of relevant work experience. Having been an educator or having worked with government schools in Punjab is an added advantage.
Fluent in Punjabi (spoken and written) (Spoken Punjabi is a must)
- Someone with a strong collaborative mindset with an ability to build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders
- Someone with an excellent ability to document information from multiple sources and present it in a consumable format for others in English and Punjabi.
- A great communicator – you can address different audiences using audience-appropriate language to communicate clearly and efficiently in multiple formats, including email, written documents, digital presentations, and verbal conversations.
- A quick learner – you immerse yourself in new problems and quickly get up to speed.
- Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we grow.
- Passionate about education and have a strong desire to change the world for the better.
Comfortable in working out of the districts in Punjab and travelling to schools regularly.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8P8vchQJM
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the below-mentioned task and attach your response in the space provided below.
In less than 500 words, describe why do you want to apply for the role of Divisional Coordinator (in English or Punjabi).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color