Senior Product Manager, AI/Teachers
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of high-quality instructional and practice resources that empowers learners and the teachers who support them. Whether they’re studying metaphors, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
WE ARE DRIVEN BY COMMUNITY
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life and so do we. We are fun, diverse, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes people from academia and from high tech companies and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Valuing diversity, equity, and inclusion is necessary for us to actualize our mission and truly impact the communities we serve. We believe that the best way to provide impactful education is to create a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences. We're a hardworking team that's passionate about helping learners and teachers around the globe! We strive to be world class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to deliver engaging and efficacious K-14 learning solutions for schools and districts. The primary focus of this role is managing product capabilities that help teachers save time and increase classroom engagement and learning.
With the recent launch of Khanmigo and Artificial Intelligence (AI) as a technology, this role will help harness the power of AI to deliver the product capabilities where applicable.
The Senior Product Manager will:
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features. and product experiences
- Clearly articulate what and who we’re solving for
- Deliver and maintain clear product requirements & a roadmap that makes sense across functional plans and schedules
- Optimize trade-offs between adding more value and getting to releases faster.
- Coordinate work with design and engineering teams to guide products from concept through launch
- Ensure products and releases are launched smoothly and on schedule
- Contribute to product vision and product strategy to help drive impact and usage.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative feedback to develop key user insights and drive product improvements
- Measure key results against project objectives.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Deep passion for what makes a great educational technology as well as a desire to help Khan Academy bring a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere.
- 5+ years experience in product management.
- Experience delivering AI solutions.
- Proven history of managing and shipping successful software products with cross-functional teams, at scale, including outside U.S. to rest of world
- Experience designing & building a platform with desktop, mobile, and Accessibility in mind.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate a vision and strategy
- Experience working closely with engineers and designers on technical, architectural problems
- Strong data, metrics, and analysis skills
- Deep empathy for teachers around the world and a curiosity about what makes a great classroom experience.
- You love learning and are excited about helping others learn to love learning. You’re motivated to learn new things, experiment, and share what you learn with the world.
- Knowledge of K-12 users and stakeholders a plus.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where Parents, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Women and Gender Minorities, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks come together
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
At Khan Academy we are committed to fair and equitable compensation practices, the well-being of our employees, and our Khan community. This belief is why we have built out a robust Total Rewards package that includes competitive base salaries, and extensive benefits and perks to support physical, mental, and financial well-being.
For this position, our hiring salary range is $130k-$160k USD. This is determined by several factors including experience and skills, regular job market evaluations, and location. In an effort to maintain competitive market rates, these ranges reflect the minimum and maximum targets across all locations.For more information, your recruiter can share more about the salary range for your desired location.
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- Our vision for AI: Harnessing the power of GPT4
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.