Senior Manager / Director, Revenue Operations (New Business) (Hybrid, San Francisco)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is hiring a Senior Manager, Revenue Operations (New Business) reporting to the SVP, GTM Strategy & Revenue Operations.
In this high visibility role, you will be a strategic business partner and primary operational leader for our US new business field teams focused on growth. You will also partner with cross-functional teams in defining, landing, and executing our key strategic priorities. You will apply your strategic planning, strong analytical skills, and steadfast focus on execution to meet our growth goals. The right candidate is a collaborative problem-solver, analytics guru, and an operator who balances strategy with tactical execution. You’ll play a meaningful role in providing insightful analyses and strategic recommendations on how Handshake can deliver sustainable growth in acquiring new paid customers and improved field team productivity. You are a strategic thinker with a bias toward action, and are able to drive alignment across senior leadership. You lead with empathy and advocate internally on behalf of Handshake customers and Employer Sales.
Be the key operational partner to the GTM leaders across US acquisition teams and drive the segment go-to-market strategy to unlock new logo growth for our Employer business.
Lead the day-to-day operations for the Enterprise, Mid-Market and SMB AE teams and our Sales and Business Development teams from sales process, lead to new logo acquisition lifecycle, strategic insights, and revenue programs
Lead operating cadence and implement rigor across teams to ensure the health of the business, including forecast accuracy, developing strategies to maximize logo and ACV growth, and implementing programs to drive rep productivity
Partner with Product and Sales to evolve our channel strategy across field and online selling motions
Collaborate with Finance and Marketing to deliver insights on our pipeline and drive go-to-market initiatives to improve funnel performance (conversion rates, sales cycles, etc..) and rep productivity
Partner with Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product on go-to-market initiatives, long-range annual planning, and board reporting
Own segmentation, territory design, quota setting, comp strategy and performance management for US new business
Represent segment business requirements in cross-functional initiatives and partner with centralized operations team to drive transformation in planning, data analysis, systems, and process
Hire, develop, and manage sales operations professionals to support the growth of the team
5+ years operating in a SaaS B2B company with demonstrated experience working with global sales teams and supporting an Enterprise-level product
3+ years as a people leader
Led market opportunity sizing and expansion efforts
Strategic, structured thinker with strong analytical skills and business acumen
Effective, clear, and executive level communication skills, verbal and written
Data expert, able to develop dashboards and reports to support monthly and quarterly reporting cadence
Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and operationalizing plans to drive outcomes
Experience driving or supporting financial planning processes
Experience with funnel performance management
Authentic and demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional projects end-to-end and strong project management skills
Highly disciplined operator with a solution-oriented mindset, ownership mentality, and strong comfort level working in high-growth & performance-focused environments
Understanding of Enterprise B2B SaaS sales cycle/customer lifecycle and go-to-market models and processes
Manage, develop, and mentor sales operations professionals
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
Experience leading sales enablement efforts to improve rep productivity
Experience developing exec level insights and recommendations including C-suite and Board materials
Proven track record as a people leader, building high-performing teams and followership
Advanced Salesforce experience
MBA, Management Consulting and/or Investment banking experience
- $218,500 - $241,500 OTE, 15% pay mix
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.