Product Working Student (German-speaking)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
At Handshake, we're on a mission to democratize access to opportunities for students and connect them with their dream careers. We're looking for a driven and motivated Product Working Student to join our European product team based in Berlin. This is a unique opportunity to help us bring Handshake's vision to Europe and empower students to find their dream careers.
As a key member of our European product team, you'll play a pivotal role in tailoring the core Handshake product to suit the unique needs of European students. Your work will directly contribute to the creation, testing, and enhancement of our European product, ensuring that students across Europe can seamlessly find the perfect job opportunities.
- Product Testing: Collaborate with the product team to test new features, enhancements, and bug fixes, ensuring our platform's quality, reliability, and performance.
- User Feedback: Collect and analyze user feedback to identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for tailoring the product to the specific needs of our European users.
- Localization: Ensure the platform is free of language and cultural inconsistencies, ensuring precise localization for diverse European markets.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with teams such as engineering, design, marketing, and customer success to ensure the successful release and updates of our European product.
- Take Ownership: Own projects end to end and take responsibility and ownership for your task
- Language skills: Proficient in both English and German, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on mentality: Flexible generalist and solution-oriented pragmatic that takes the initiative to get involved
- Analytical Prowess: Strong analytical skills, a natural affinity for problem-solving, and the ability to comprehend complex relationships between product functionality and requirements.
- Product Management / Software Development Experience: While not mandatory, prior experience in a product management or software development role / environment is a valuable asset.
- Adaptability: Capable of working effectively under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
If you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of European students and eager to be part of a dynamic, international company, this role at Handshake might be the perfect fit for you. Join us in our mission to empower the next generation of talent!
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.