Technical Recruiter, EMEA
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake is looking for an empathetic, driven, and mission-aligned recruiter to help us grow our team in EMEA. We are seeking an individual who cares about people and enjoys identifying, connecting with, and hiring candidates from diverse backgrounds.
You will lead recruiting strategies, build key stakeholder relationships, and develop strategic candidate outreach while working with a curious, kind, and passionate team.
Identify, source and engage talent to grow our team through creative and diverse multi-channel methods
Ideate, implement and iterate recruiting and talent best practices across the organization
Own hiring manager relationships and creatively iterate to improve our processes across recruiting
Hire values-aligned individuals to contribute to Handshake’s mission
Develop an extensive understanding of Handshake’s business and culture
Design, implement and execute recruiting plans, partnering closely with hiring teams
Regularly manage pipeline activity and provide recommendations for improving talent strategies based on data
Consult with senior stakeholders to shape and implement diversity recruitment strategy in a fast-paced, high-touch & high-tech environment.
Influence business leaders and educate hiring managers on process, interview best practices, and decision making.
Create new ways to surprise and delight candidates as they go through our interview process.
Speak passionately and authentically about Handshake, our mission, business, and culture.
Extensive experience in full-cycle tech recruitment
Successful history of engaging and closing candidates based in Eastern Europe
Strong history of collaborating inclusively with hiring managers and interviewers to design processes that attract candidates from underrepresented backgrounds
You thrive in a data-driven recruiting process
Working knowledge of ATS systems and pipeline metrics (Greenhouse preferred)
In-house experience preferred
Bias towards humility and curiosity
Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills, strong time-management abilities
Great judgment and a history of working with highly confidential information
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.
Something looks off?