Enterprise Account Executive - Central US (Remote)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Want to learn more about what it's like to work at Handshake? Check out these interviews from our team members!
We are hiring across multiple locations in Colorado, Texas, Illinois, and Michigan. If you are not in one of these locations, please apply to our remote role!
We’re looking for enterprise sales professionals who possess a deep understanding of business, a healthy intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of exceeding past sales targets.
Enterprise Account Executives engage with C-suite and VP level executives at America’s largest enterprise companies to generate new business revenue. AEs are quota-carrying reps responsible for the full sales cycle. They are expected to build rapport with senior level executives, advising them on best practice business solutions, and strategically manage the sales opportunity using a consultative sales approach to present solutions mapped to Handshake offerings.
Successful Handshake Enterprise AEs are goal-oriented, driven professionals who are passionate about helping America’s largest organizations uplevel & diversity of their workforce with early talent through technology
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships with senior executives at the Director, SVP, and VP levels
- Interact and collaborate across Handshake, engaging with the University and Student teams to build and grow our multi-sided talent marketplace
- Actively source and provide valuable market research, including industry-specific information and trends for customers and teammates
- Conceive and pitch creative recruiting solutions that match individual business needs
- Command, report, and forecast sales activity - from prospecting target accounts and contacts to closing deals and growing existing relationships
- Update and create sales proposals, leading complex relationships with recruiting teams around the country
- Work closely with the Employer, Student, and University Product teams to gather, analyze, and understand customer requirements to develop product enhancements
- Generate scalable revenue and hit target quota on a quarterly and annual basis
- At least 3-5 years of sales experience in Enterprise SaaS sales and/or HR business development, minimum 1 year of Enterprise closing experience
- Experience operating in a high-growth business environment like Handshake
- A strong history of quota attainment and excellent performance on a high-reaching team
- Willing to work out of our office in New York City or remotely on the East Coast, with availability for domestic travel up to 40%
Bonus areas of expertise
- Experience preparing sales proposals, forecasting, and account planning
- Knowledge of how online recruiting technology works - and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- Possess relationships with key HR decision makers at national Fortune 1000 companies and other top brands.
- Ability to successfully drive revenue and growth through the development of long-term strategic relationships with existing customers
- Experience with MEDDIC/MEDDPIC or other sales methodology
- $240,000 - $260,000 per year OTE
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin, Poland, and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.