Account Manager (West Region)
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2023
The Account Manager will play a key role in renewing and expanding our current partners while ensuring that educators can maximize the use of Ellevation to enhance their work with English Language Learners. You will monitor district and educator engagement, introduce new modules, help ensure use of Ellevation and renew and expand the partnerships you lead. You will work closely with other Ellevation teams to develop excellent relationships with district leaders, foster long-term partnerships, and drive satisfaction for customers. You will play a key role in broadening district adoption and expanding partnerships in order to achieve company revenue targets. Most importantly, you will help thousands of educators take advantage of a solution that provides great value and supports their work with students.
This position supports the west coast sales region, with a focus on California.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for MLL’s.
- Gain an understanding of our products, their value, and how to technically demo to partners.
- Review our sales playbook and pricing structure.
- Learn your assigned territory and develop a strategic territory plan.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Become proficient and able to independently present all Ellevation products to customers.
- Collaborated with your regional team to understand your territory's education policy, pricing nuances, and instructional initiatives.
- Worked with the Partner Success team on engagement strategy for states and districts.
- Introduce yourself to all of your assigned accounts and begin conducting demos, renewal calls, and other engagement meetings.
- Independently tracked all sales activity in Salesforce and utilized other business systems.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Effectively closed renewal contracts.
- Efficiently managed and grew your sales pipeline of up-sell opportunities.
- Become an expert in your territory on value proposition, policy, and product applications.
- Collaborated with the Partner Development Manager, Partner Development Associate, and Partner Success Manager to engage your region.
Within 12 months, you will:
- Met or exceeded your sales quota for the year.
- Build deep relationships with stakeholders in your key districts.
- Created an ongoing pipeline to support your sales goals.
- Shared insights and helped shape sales strategy with sales leadership.
Location and Travel:
- You will ideally reside in California and work from a home office with easy access to a major airport. Travel Requirements: 30%.
- 2+ years experience successfully selling to the K-12 market.
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding personal quotas selling technology.
- Strong data analysis and Salesforce skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solution-oriented problem-solver.
- Able to collaborate across teams.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company's 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.