People & Culture Coordinator
Administration, People & HR
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Ellevation Education is looking for a organized, self-starting and driven People & Culture Coordinator skilled at managing critical people projects and processes so we can maintain a remarkable employee experience. In this role, you will play a role in administering, coordinating, communicating and designing efficient people processes to support our People Strategy team in recruiting, developing, and retaining talent for our Ed-tech company. This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative people team while contributing to an organization that supports the works of thousands of educators and the students they serve.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation’s mission to improve outcomes for ELL students.
- Understand Ellevation’s values and how the People Team partners with internal teams to drive results.
- Learn the basics of our people processes.
- Develop an understanding of needs to maintain in-office connections.
- Learn all of our internal systems, including Lever (ATS), SparkHire (video interview tool), GoodTime (scheduling tool), Workday (HRIS), and Small Improvements (performance management), Confluence (internal communications).Start managing basic tasks including interview scheduling, systems data entry, etc.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the People Team and others across the organization.
Within 3 months, you will:
- Begin supporting the People & Culture Specialist in planning and delivering onboarding experiences.
- Support in planning in-office events and weekly lunches.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Ellevation to develop a monthly newsletter sharing company updates and recognizing accomplishments.
- Regularly update and maintain internal systems to ensure data cleanliness, efficient operations, and usage optimization.
- Begin supporting ad hoc projects across the people team encompassing employee engagement and recruitment.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Serve as Systems Super Admin and have the ability to problem solve technical issues within our tools.
- Support team in coordinating and executing bi-annual company offsites.
- Make recommendations for ways to improve processes with an eye towards efficiency.
- In partnership with People team, develop long-term roadmap for in-office and remote culture programming.
Within 12 month, you will:
- Implement recommended process improvements and demonstrate measurable improvements.
- Lead critical people projects in partnership with others on the People Team.
- 1+ years of experience in a role that requires significant organizational and operational skills.
- Organized: You get energy from ensuring information and data is clean, orderly, and structured.
- Trustworthy: You are comfortable navigating sensitive employee information.
- Collaborative: You can easily partner with others to deliver shared outcomes.
- Creative: You are capable of thinking outside the box when solving problem.
- Systems: You have experience developing expertise in a system or tool and driving value using that tool.
- You have a passion for People Operations and want to build a career developing people and cultures.
- Inclusive: You are passionate about creating an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- Great listener and communicator: You are skilled at both verbal and written communication plus you are comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Adaptable self-starter: You’re excited to dive into new projects. You are comfortable with ambiguity and can wear multiple hats.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company's 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.