Partner Development Manager (PDM), Central Region
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
How will the business/team goals be affected if we can’t make this hire? This is a new business focused in our central states to grow our market share for the company.
How does this role at Ellevation differ from similar roles elsewhere? This role is focused on cultivating New Business in territory where we have only a few school district partners and creating multiple opportunities to grow our New-business footprint across multiple surrounding states.
What would this person be responsible for? What will they be the primary owner of?
The candidate will own New Business opportunities in multiple states for the Central team.
Identify what the candidate is expected to own, teach, learn, and improve.
In this role, the candidate will primarily build new partnerships with new school district partners. For New Business development, the candidate will be paired with a Partner Development Associate (inside sales) and will have marketing support to generate interest and schedule meetings/demos as the candidate networks and prospects for New Business opportunities. The ideal candidate has successful experience selling into multiple states, enjoys traveling and building relationships in person, and thrives in attending conferences across multiple states. This candidate is also knowledgeable about the EL market and is highly motivated and prepared to work diligently to build the business. Candidates must have the ability to travel often and possess a hunger for breaking into new territories by creating lots of New Business opportunities.
Let’s say you hire someone, and they aren’t ramping up quickly enough. How will you know it’s not working out? What would that look like?
During onboarding, each new hire works off of a 30-60-90 Day Plan, which outlines specific behaviors and deliverables. Each week, the new hire's manager reviews the new hire's progress during a scheduled 1:1 meeting. If a new hire is not progressing or completing certain deliverables within the allotted time, the manager calls out and notates those items during the 1:1 with the new hire with specific timeframes. and/or deadlines. For example, the new hire will independently complete a strong demo of all three Ellevation products by 60-90 days.
How will this role be different in 6 months from now? In 12 months?
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, understand the work we do to improve outcomes for ELs and the educators who work in support of ELs.
- Gain an understanding of our products and their value. Learn how to technically demo our three products on the platform to prospects.
- Understand our sales playbook and pricing structure. Learn their assigned territory and develop a strategic territory plan.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
- Become proficient and able to independently present and demo all Ellevation products to external audiences.
- Collaborate with the Central Region team to understand our territory's education laws and policies, pricing nuances, and instructional initiatives.
- Continue to refine a strategic Territory Plan that sets a path to successfully meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Independently track all sales activity in Salesforce and maximize the use of other business/sales/revenue systems. Meet with district partners in person for key meetings and/or attend conferences.
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in one's territory regarding our value proposition, policy, and product applications.
- Collaborated with other Partner Development Managers across the region to learn about effective sales strategies to build new business.
- Work internally with one’s PDA (sales support to build out messaging to align with and target one's goals and opportunities.
- Meet with prospects and partners in person and virtually to build a strong pipeline and close business.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in one’s territory.
- Track and execute against one's Territory Plan to reach end-of-year sales goals.
- Share insights and help shape sales strategy with sales leadership.
- Meet or exceed one’s renewal quota for the year.
Describe your top performers?
- Top performers demonstrate an intrinsic motivation for closing business. They meet with their top customers in person regularly and support their events. Top performers understand and can identify which opportunities are critical for them to meet or exceed their goal. They demonstrate a strong work ethic from the beginning of the year with their Territory Plan as their guide. They develop trusting relationships with stakeholders in person, provide a healthy mix of many in-person and virtual demos (especially in remote territories). Top performers build and maintain a strong pipeline of large and small accounts, update Salesforce regularly, and also develop key relationships internally, leading to a successful role at Ellevation.
What kind of people wouldn’t be successful on your team?
- A person who does not hunt independently, does not love the EL market, does not like to travel or attend conferences, does not like meeting and connecting with new people, does not like social media, isn’t self-motivated or does not have a strong desire to close business - will not be happy in the role.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company's 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.