Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Over the last 10 years, Ellevation Education has become a thriving business serving the administrators, teachers, and specialists who support Multilingual Language Learners (MLL) at public schools across the US. Today, over 1,400 school districts use our software to manage their programs. We are a growing business with a real mission—helping MLLs achieve their highest aspirations.
We are currently making major investments in our flagship product. As part of that, we are building powerful tools for school administrators, educators, and families so they can collect, analyze, aggregate, and take actions to support student progress. These improvements to our flagship offering will ultimately drive greater impact for the educators and students we serve.
As the Product Manager for the Program Communications team, you will play a key role in helping K-12 administrators and educators collect timely information and share critical decisions about student progress with relevant stakeholders while minimizing compliance burdens across their campuses.
You will partner closely with team leads to guide and drive an agile team: identify and weigh tradeoffs around short and long-term investments, and conduct an experimental and iterative approach to solving key problems.
At Ellevation, Product Managers are responsible for working cross-functionally: within the product organization, across product domains, and throughout the organization to ensure your team’s work has an impact. To do this well, you’ll create opportunities for others to plug in to your work and ensure stakeholders understand what you are doing, and why you are doing it, while also factoring their ideas and/or concerns into that thinking.
- 1 month - Learn and demonstrate understanding of key challenges and strategic contexts facing Ellevation with an eye on the Flagship Product and our current investments. Establish high-trust relationships with members of your agile team.
- 3 months - Begin to influence and shape strategic decisions around the program communications domain. Work alongside engineering and design to plan and prioritize development and implementation of solutions. Collaborate across all domain teams to align on delivery of high-impact product solutions. Develop rapport across product managers and stakeholders.
- 6 months - Work with Flagship Leadership to shape your team's short and medium term strategy (which we review quarterly). Develop rapport with R&D leadership and a wider set of stakeholders.
- 12 months - Be in a position to drive key outcomes against our business goals. Support the transformation of our flagship product to ensure Ellevation is in a position to build towards 40%+ growth in 2024.
- We are organized in small product teams that focus on key problems to solve by domain. We focus on outcomes over output. Our teams are empowered to research, prototype, and reach out to users to validate hypotheses. We rapidly iterate and seek feedback, so that the end result is a high-confidence, high-value product. We aim to foster an environment where we experiment and learn from failure.
- Our agile teams are cross-functional in that they are made up of members of Product (Product Manager, UX Designer) and members of Engineering (Manager, Tech Lead, and IC Engineers). Product and Engineering work hand-in-hand (as DevPro), and we rarely meet in isolation.
- Clear vision and strong strategy are core principles. We value product managers who fully own key strategic challenges—knowing where we are going and importantly why it matters for our business. We believe strategy is meant to evolve, so PMs are constantly identifying increments, mitigating risks, and positioning their work in alignment to business needs.
- We celebrate staying accountable to outcomes. PMs are encouraged to conduct experiments to learn, adjust focus based on those learnings, and deliver products that change user behavior and drive real value for the business.
- You are residing in the Greater Boston area
- You have 3+ years of Product Management experience
- You have a strong track record of solving problems and driving key business outcomes
- You understand and can discuss technical concepts, trade offs, and ambiguous ideas
- You have 1+ year of practical experience in enterprise business solutions
- You aspire to grow as a leader; inspire and influence others without direct authority
- You are experimental and curious; you test ideas, learn quickly, fail fast, and iterate
- You demonstrate an eagerness to learn from others
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help educators serve the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Learners (ELs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their Multilingual Learner programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations. Our product suite includes a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company partnering with over 1,500 school districts and more than 2 million current and former English Learners. Over the next five years, we plan to double the number of ELs we serve and drive measurable outcomes for students. Ellevation merged with Curriculum Associates in 2021 to accelerate impact for Multilingual Learners. Our company continues to operate independently and is well-capitalized to support our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefits and competitive salaries, here are some things that make us unique:
+ Mission-driven organization where team members are empowered to make a significant impact
+ Opportunities to join DEIB-focused groups and support building a culture of belonging
+ Professional development and growth opportunities
+ Company and team offsites in various cities across the United States
+ Collaborative workspace in the heart of Boston - a stone's throw from many central T stops (Downtown Crossing, Government Center, and Aquarium). Free snacks, beverages, and local organic fruit provided
+ Remote and in-person engagement opportunities, including happy hours, themed events, and competitions
+ Remote and in-person wellness programming to support team’s mental and physical wellbeing
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions.
We believe in building a culture where productivity can flourish, one that is empathetic, respectful, and inclusive. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” by the Timmy Awards for investing in training around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of continuous learning and feedback across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.
Benefits – Benefits eligible employees (and qualifying dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company's 401(k) retirement plan and receive an employer match up to 50% on the first 7% of your contribution, with pre-tax and Roth options. Employees have access to flexible paid time off for vacations, sick and disability policy, additional 10 paid company holidays, 2 floating holidays and a winter office closure between Christmas and New Year's. In addition, we provide a generous parental leave benefit, back-up childcare or eldercare, and a variety of other perks to support the health and well-being of our employees.
Additional Information: Ellevation operates under Curriculum Associates, LLC, an Equal Opportunity Employer. Curriculum Associates, LLC will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Curriculum Associates, LLC will grant employment, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation.
Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
Information that you provide when applying for employment with Curriculum Associates, LLC may be subject to the California Privacy Rights Act. Click here for more information about our data-collection practices and your rights related to that data.