Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in K-12 schools and increasing participation by young women and students from other underrepresented groups. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science as part K-12. The leading provider of K-12 computer science solutions in the largest school districts in the United States, Code.org also created the annual Hour of Code campaign, which has engaged more than 15% of all students in the world!
A unifying approach in a divided world
Code.org's global role in the K-12 computer science movement is only possible because we use a unifying approach across diverse and often divided stakeholders. At a time of increasing polarization, the idea of increasing opportunity for students unites people from across the political spectrum. Code.org's team members, students, teachers, and supporters have diverse and diverging view points, and they are all welcome in our mission. Read more.
Code.org is seeking a curious and driven Financial Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the VP of Finance, providing essential support in financial planning and analysis to facilitate informed decision-making. This newly established position offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with leaders across all sectors of the organization. Your analytical skills will be instrumental in helping us stay on track, driving us closer to our goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this role you will be:
- Serving as a Finance liaison, encouraging effective communication and collaboration throughout the organization.
- Meticulously preparing and analyzing monthly financial statements, offering comprehensive reports on variances.
- Using financial data analysis to generate valuable insights and recommend solutions to business challenges.
- Developing and updating monthly forecasting processes and models, encompassing P&L, Income, Cash, and Staffing.
- Continuously refine reporting processes to scale with the growth of the company.
- Collaborating with leaders to determine useful KPIs and metrics that will help drive business decisions.
- Partnering with the Fundraising team to evaluate our pipeline, build project and program budgets and reports, and reconcile the accounting system to Salesforce data.
- Collaborating with the VP of Finance to prepare the annual operating budget.
- Ensuring the upkeep of the general ledger, with a focus on multi-dimensional reporting with the Accounting Manager.
- Constructing ad hoc financial models, reports, and analyses as required.
- Evaluating software solutions for budgeting and forecasting, and communicating recommendations to the VP of Finance and Accounting Manager.
- Collaborating with the Accounting team to support month-end close reconciliations and reviews.
- Assisting the Business Operations Manager in exercises related to cost-saving analysis.
- Undertaking any other duties as necessary to fulfill the role.
Apply now to be a part of Code.org's mission to make computer science education accessible to all students.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
We seek candidates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance
- 2-5 years of related analytical experience required with strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Professional demeanor, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented environment, as well, as independently and to be adaptable and responsive
- A high level of comfort working in a fast-paced, ambiguous, informal remote-first work environment
- A high level of digital literacy; proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite as well as an advanced or expert user of spreadsheets (Excel and/or G-Sheets).
- Familiarity with Salesforce reports and dashboards
- Experience working in QuickBooks Online or other accounting software and general GAAP awareness
- Willingness to develop and grow with the organization
In addition, candidates must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Be willing to travel a minimum of two times per year for team events
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
Step 1: Informational Interview - learn more about the role and share your experience (30 minutes)
Step 2: Homework (~3 hours)
Step 3: Interviews with several members of the Code.org team (~ 3 hours)
Step 4: Final Interview (1 hour)
Step 5: Reference Checks
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually via Zoom
The priority application date for this role is 8/30/2023 and preference will be given to applications submitted by this date. Our team will review all applications and if we believe your qualifications would make a great fit, we'll contact you to schedule an informational interview.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS PACKAGE
The expected salary range for this position is $81,000 to $90,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes:
- Technology subsidy consistent with our Bring Your Own Device environment
- Flexible, engaging, and remote working environment
- Paid time off: 3 weeks vacation annually, sick leave, and 'winter break' office closure the two weeks that include Christmas and New Years
- Medical, dental and vision premiums paid at 100% for FT positions and their dependents
- Option to participate in 403b retirement plan
- Annual professional development stipend
- The opportunity to help students learn better and change the face of computer science
Additionally, in order to safeguard the health of our employees and their families, we require that all Code.org full-time employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We define fully vaccinated as either both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine and take medical and sincerely held religious exemptions into consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.