Head of Talent Acquisition
People & HR
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a talented individual to lead talent acquisition at brightwheel. You will partner closely with brightwheel leadership, our talent team, and the broader People team to attract and retain top talent, building the team that unlocks our vision to deliver a high quality early education for every child.
You are an exceptional team leader and manager, with experience building high-performing and engaged teams in remote environments. You are also a strong partner and collaborator with proven experience establishing strong trust-based relationships with senior leaders. You are a learner and a builder with a “nose for impact.” You have a track record of identifying and bringing to life high-impact initiatives to strengthen hiring practices and outcomes.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead a high-performing talent acquisition team of ~10 (managers, recruiters, coordinators)
- You’ll strengthen core talent programming/processes to enable high-quality hiring decisions at scale (e.g., hiring process design, leadership hiring, employer branding)
- You will own our talent acquisition strategy + roadmap, identifying and prioritizing the most important talent initiatives and ensuring our team is staffed to meet the core needs of the business
- You will serve as a core partner to leaders on talent acquisition-related topics (e.g., hiring strategy, org design, scorecard design)
- You’ll apply data and insights to identify and drive improvements to our hiring processes
- You’ll collaborate with the broader People team to ensure a strong and consistent experience across the employee lifecycle
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 4+ years in a team leadership role within talent acquisition, managing teams of 8+
- Exceptional team leader and manager, with deep experience in effective hiring, onboarding, development and performance management; skilled coach able to develop both individual contributors and managers
- Experience driving high-impact talent program/process improvements end-to-end
- Highly data-driven; uses metrics to set and hold team accountable to goals, as well as to identify and drive opportunities for improvement in hiring processes
- Establishes strong partnerships with senior leaders; builds trust quickly and provides high-value counsel on talent acquisition related issues
- Experience fostering strong team culture and engagement in a remote environment
- Strong alignment with brightwheel’s Leadership Principles
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.