Outbound Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 4, 2024
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
As an Account Executive, you aren't afraid to pick up the phone and engage new customers on brightwheel's value proposition. We want someone who is a collaborator and team player who can seamlessly partner with our other sales and success departments. You must have a blend of compassion for our customers and a strong desire to win and break sales records.
Overall, we are looking for someone passionate about connecting with customers and helping them succeed. You are always curious and eager to understand someone’s challenges and needs. You are a problem solver who can figure out ways to help our customers get more value. You get excited when you get to work with tricky customers and always challenge yourself to find a solution. You are energized by working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals and processes evolve daily. You are comfortable owning aggressive sales goals and are always looking for ways to improve. You’re passionate about technology and improving the world through education.
What You'll Do
- Establish your own self-sourced pipeline and set demos with prospects via cold calling
- Drive engaging conversations with prospects on how brightwheel can improve their businesses
- Demonstrate value by understanding the impact of current challenges and how brightwheel can create a better experience for students, families, and staff
- Run product demonstrations tailored to the prospects' needs and challenges
- Manage and develop your pipeline from cold calls through the closing process
- Be a great teammate by working closely with sales and management to ensure prospects have an incredible experience
- Work with your manager to identify key levers in your sales process
- Listen to and review your calls to identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Manage a clean pipeline where all relevant information is up-to-date in Salesforce and other pipeline management tools
- Contribute to the positive, high-performing, and winning culture of the sales team
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 1+ years of cold calling experience
- SaaS experience preferred
- Full cycle closing experience preferred
- A passion for improving the world through early education
- A proven top performer at previous companies, consistently hitting and exceeding goals
- Ownership and vulnerability to learn from mistakes
- Positive mindset with the ability to navigate change and quickly adapt
- Experience in a quicker sales cycle, particularly in the SMB realm
- Excellent communication, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, showing empathy for team and customers
- Proven success in adapting and implementing different sales methodologies centered around value selling
- Proficiency with CRM, Sales Engagement tools, Conversation intelligence tools, and other general tech stack knowledge to gain efficiencies throughout the sales process
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.