Sr. NetSuite System Administrator
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an exceptional ERP System Administrator with deep expertise in Netsuite to join the Systems Operations team. This individual's primary responsibility will be to ensure that our ERP and related business systems function as expected and are maintained in a way as to allow optimal business performance. This position will be integral to administering the supply chain, manufacturing, inventory management and accounting processes within our ERP ecosystem. The ERP System Administrator should be comfortable with change management and governance, as well as communicating, prioritizing, and managing all aspects of a large company-wide project. The ideal candidate is comfortable interfacing with stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to translate business requirements into creative system designs that are flexible and scalable, clearly explaining design options and their potential impact.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the primary ERP technical subject matter expert for Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Manufacturing & Accounting
- Lead complex the end-to-end technical design, development, QA, implementation, and ongoing post-launch operations management to set up our ERP System (Netsuite) to meet the organization’s business requirements (ex. e-commerce)
- Must be able to take initiative, work with minimal supervision, and collaborate with the team to maintain and enhance a world class ERP application
- Develop new and maintain existing supply chain, inventory, manufacturing and accounting business workflows
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades
- Proactively identify gaps within current processes and/or improve existing backend components to make them more efficient and scalable
- Assist with data migration from legacy systems
- Create detailed technical documentation for the internal Systems Operations team for newly launched backend components and regularly maintain existing documentation for updates to existing components, as well as assist with end-user training and documentation when needed
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders from other business units to understand ERP business needs and work together to solve them
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems with deep understanding of NetSuite
- Experience setting up a complex Netsuite implementation from the ground up
- 4+ years of experience in ERP implementation and administration
- 3+ years experience using APIs to integrate 3rd party applications with NetSuite
- 2+ years experience managing stakeholder expectations across multiple projects with competing priorities
- Ability to read and understand SuiteScript customizations
- Creative problem solver, skilled at overcoming obstacles and solutioning around key business problems
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes within systems and facilitate user adoption
- Excellent project management skills and skilled cross-functional collaborator
- Minimum NetSuite certification required: Netsuite ERP Consultant Certification or Netsuite Administrator Certification
- Nice to have: NetSuite Application Developer Certification
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.
- Experience with other platforms, such as Salesforce, Shopify, etc. are a plus
- Experience working in a startup is a plus
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.