Enterprise Account Executive, Education
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
We are seeking a talented sales individual to join the Government & Enterprise Partnerships Team. You have previous experience in an early-stage sales role at a fast-growing startup. You are a self-starter and are comfortable spending time researching the space to understand competitors and how to position brightwheel. You have previous experience navigating highly complex sales processes involving multiple C-level decision-makers and closing 6-figure deals. You are comfortable owning a process from start to finish and thrive in highly ambiguous environments.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for building our enterprise sales motion from the ground up for our new curriculum offering:
- Drive & execute a new sales strategy: You will take ownership in determining the education sales strategy for brightwheel. These sales conversations will be cross-functional, high-impact, and require answering questions that have never been answered. You’ll be responsible for aligning our leadership to a recommendation and vision and driving the business to achieve that vision.
- Lay the foundation for a high-performing sales funnel: You will strive to maintain a healthy pipeline by building relationships with state leaders, RFP writing, and strategic outreach. Once the pipeline is built, you are responsible for winning six to seven-figure contracts for the business. These deal cycles include complex sales processes and multiple decision-makers.
- Partner with senior management teams to achieve results: You will work closely with senior, cross-functional stakeholders to understand gaps in our current offering and what would be needed to become the best curriculum/tech offering in the early education space.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- 7+ years of work experience in direct enterprise sales with large quota attainment
- Previous experience in working with non-profit or government grants and funding is a plus
- Self-starter! Experience actively building a 0 to 1 sales motion
- Comfort with independence, ambiguity, as well as a dynamic startup environment that will evolve rapidly
- Tendency to celebrate wins, not shy away from misses, and ability to learn from both
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- A passion for improving the world through education
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.