Senior Product Designer
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who you are
Brightwheel is seeking a Senior Product Designer to drive work across iOS, Android, and web. You'll work embedded in a cross-functional product team with product managers, engineers, and designers to build beautiful, easy to use products for teachers and families across the globe. You bring a strong understanding of design principles and best practices across a variety of project types. You thrive working on projects that are of the utmost importance to our users and that move the company forward.
What you'll do:
- Design end-to-end from wireframes, prototype to high-fidelity solutions.
- Develop high-quality visual and interaction designs across all phases of product development including interactive prototypes for mobile and web.
- Conduct user research, usability testing, and gather feedback to iteratively improve the user experience and validate design solutions.
- Embed with a product team consisting of product management, engineering and design to build new features with a strong focus on speed and results.
- Maintain design consistency across the product, contributing to design systems and guidelines.
- Take ownership. We see things through end-to-end, we never say “that’s not my job.”
- Strong attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Partner with the marketing team to ensure our product design reflects and reinforces the brightwheel brand.
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities:
- 4+ years experience as a Product Designer.A strong portfolio of case studies that demonstrate a successful track record of human-centered design solutions that address strategic business problems.
- A strong focus and expertise designing mobile products. Deep expertise in UI/UX craft; passion for visual design, interaction details, typography, and pixel perfect deliverables.
- Experience with user research methodologies and usability testing.
- Experience shipping quality experiences across iOS, Android, and Web.
- Innate curiosity and a craving for feedback to improve.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment — balancing rigor and scrappiness. You have a strong bias for action and focus on impact.
- Experience creating and working with an evolving design system.
- A highly collaborative approach to working with engineering and product teams.
- A passion for improving the world through education.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.