Technical Project Manager, Platform
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager for our Platform team, which enables many engineering teams to operate autonomously, move fast in delivering value to customers toward our company vision, and limit the blast radius of their changes. You will be responsible for driving cross-team technical project velocity by project managing many highly complex platform initiatives that require collaboration across multiple teams.
Our stack consists of React, Rails, Postgres on RDS, Redis, Sidekiq, and others running on a finely-tuned Kubernetes cluster in AWS powering a web experience and native iOS and Android apps. We believe in using pragmatic, battle-hardened technologies that are right for the job.
What You'll Do
- Drive cross-team technical project velocity by project managing many highly complex platform initiatives that require collaboration across multiple teams
- Drive methodology and consistency in the way we organize and communicate cross-team projects for resourcing efficiency and delivery date precision
- Project manage a full-stack team of passionate, dedicated engineers to ensure efficient delivery of projects in a timely fashion and at quality
- Work closely with the Engineering and Go-to-Market teams to develop plans and goals and refine processes to improve collaboration
- Drive process improvements to increase engineering velocity while raising the bar for quality and operational excellence
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- You have 5+ years of experience and proven skills in project management, with the ability to guide and coordinate multiple teams on complex projects; PMP certification is a plus
- You have a pragmatic approach to developing the right-sized processes that help teams operate effectively
- You work very well cross-functionally and can make hard decisions and trade-offs while incorporating a diversity of perspectives
- You’re an empathetic listener with strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- You encourage a healthy work environment that is both supportive and challenging
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Master’s degree in project management or related technical field is preferred, or at least five years of relevant experience in industry software consulting or implementation
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.