Finance & Strategy Manager
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
Who You Are
Brightwheel is seeking a talented F&S Manager to join the Finance and Strategy team. You are passionate, highly motivated and will partner with key functions to enable the company’s operational execution and financial strategy. As a high impact member of the Finance and Strategy team, you will be a driver in cross-functional collaboration + accountability and have the opportunity to build out and manage our financial strategy. You will be the key financial business partner to deliver key analyses to drive top initiatives and future scale.
This is a highly visible role in the organization involving close partnership with senior business leaders across the company.
What You'll Do
- Own and build detailed and dynamic financial models to support business cases and influence key investment decisions that inform the company’s strategy across various functions and P&Ls
- Be a lead in company-wide quarterly and annual planning cycles including partnering with key stakeholders for inputs, driving strategic discussions around investments, presenting takeaways and recommendations to executive leadership on financial outlook, investment focus and overall cash impact
- Be an expert finance business partner by delivering financial support to key functions (Operations, G&A, and Product & Engineering) regarding investment approvals and identifying risks and opportunities to our financial plan
- Being a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable solutions and reporting to support the next stage of brightwheel’s growth
- Assist in ad hoc projects and reporting including but not limited to: Investor Relations, Capital Fundraising, Board meetings
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum 4 years of operational experience including experience within investment banking, private equity or venture capital, including 1+ years recent experience in strategic finance functions at a high-growth company
- High proficiency in Excel, Google Suite, and financial reporting softwares
- Excellent analytical financial modeling and forecasting skills, with a deep understanding of model architecture and formula efficiency and business judgment to balance details while not losing sight of the big picture
- Strong grasp of the 3 financial statements and US GAAP
- Strong business acumen and experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Team player that thrives in a fast-paced environment, loves data and numbers, and is highly self-motivated and analytical
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to senior management
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.